Tech Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have 1 Taco switch. Do I need 2 switches for 4 lights though?

Its up to you. You can have one switch or four. I'm sure there is a way to even have multiple swiches for the same light. I have 2 switches up top so I can have my narrow beams on , my Offroad beams on, or all of them on. Its really a matter of what you want your lights to do, and how much room you have for switches.

Here is my layout;

Top left is the side and rear roof lights (1 switch- 2 relays-4 Lights)

Bottom Right is PIAA 510 fog lights that will be on my aftermarket bumper

Bottom Right 2nd in is teh switch for my PIAA 520 ATPs on my Bumper

Bottom 3rd is the switch for my PIAA 520 SMR (inside roof pair)

Bottom 4 or Bottom right is the switch for my PIAA 520 ATP (outside roof Pair)

142.jpg

142.jpg

Kevin, I'll try to just wire it all to one switch. Thanks for the offer!

Jonas, the clips didn't work for the A-Pillar. This is the part number for the ones needed: 75392-35210. I will order a bunch but I might have an issue picking these up. All the NO Toyota dealerships can get them in by tomorrow. Does anybody go by any of these dealerships and can bring them by to me? I'd like to get this finished up before Thursday.

Kevin, I'll try to just wire it all to one switch. Thanks for the offer!

Jonas, the clips didn't work for the A-Pillar. This is the part number for the ones needed: 75392-35210. I will order a bunch but I might have an issue picking these up. All the NO Toyota dealerships can get them in by tomorrow. Does anybody go by any of these dealerships and can bring them by to me? I'd like to get this finished up before Thursday.

My office is right next to Bohn Bros on Lapalco. I can pick them up any time and also I have some other clips that might work if you need them. They are the ones I told you about from a Nissan. I don't know how big of a hurry you are in but if you want to try them today you are welcome to them.

Last edited:
My office is right next to Bohn Bros on Lapalco. I can pick them up any time.
I'll order them right now. I'll get enough for both of us. I'll let you know when they come in. Thanks!

I ordered 10 just in case. They'll be in tomorrow and I'll let you know what time when they call me. Thanks!

Tomorrow I have to do an emergency brake rebuild. Got a caliper rebuild kit for 9 bucks at orileys and the pads were 13.

Any tips for rebuilding calipers?

Hello i just bought a 1970 fj40. So far i have replaced the shackles and bushings
And put the center arm rebuild kit in now i am about to install a steering box
And pitman are rebuild kit and the pitman rod and balljoint. Is there anything i should
Look out for.? The box is the one with the long shaft. Thanks.

Sorry. Not familiar with the stock box. I have the Saginaw power steering box. Cn't think of anything that would be an issue. Have you looked through the Toyota Tech in the 40 section? Poser has some FAQ threads on lots of topics. Check it out.

Sorry. Not familiar with the stock box. I have the Saginaw power steering box. Cn't think of anything that would be an issue. Have you looked through the Toyota Tech in the 40 section? Poser has some FAQ threads on lots of topics. Check it out.

Thanks i will check it out.i see you live in Mandeville did you see the blue fj40 fo sale its before
I12 as your going into Covington

Yep. It belongs to Ross, one of our members. Where did you buy your truck from?

My wife and had to go to the green project in the city( it's a salvage yard for homes ) and it
was in the parking lot. My wife knows i have always wonted one andwith we had just sold a handicap accessible vans the day before and the price was right.plus we liked the idea of teaching my
Daughter how to drive a standered. What the asking price on the blue fj40

It's the stock manual box but it has the steering shaft built in.so i need to take off the steering
Wheel so it can slide out from the column.

yes, it's a one-piece steering column/steering box part - to rebuild the box, you have to remove the entire part

what are you trying to accomplish ? I have rebuilt early steering boxes three times by now . . .

1970 fj40. So far i have replaced the shackles and bushings
And put the center arm rebuild kit in now i am about to install a steering box
And pitman are rebuild kit and the pitman rod and balljoint. Is there anything i should
Look out for.?

it's all simple mechanics, really not rocket science - not sure what there is to rebuild on the pitman arm ? - the tie rods ends are worth replacing on an old truck if they are loose - the best supplier is Kurt at cruiseroutfitters.com http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/ (this is a clickable link) - he's a good guy and well-known vendor here on MUD, with good prices; ships fast, too - give him a call, he's a very good resource of knowledge, too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom