tc gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well I have been looking at options for gearing, looking at aa rock box klunev and etc. I dont want to add any length to driveline does anyone know of a gear swap I could do to my 4 speed tc, so I could keep it stock length.

right now, there are no t-case gear replacements for FJ40 cases, either 3-speed or 4-speed. Marlin used to make a set, like 30 or so total, but had gear cutter problems and dropped it. Also, since you need to grind the inside of the case to fit them, it weakened an already weak case.

I was contacted by AA a few months back on a cast iron Cruiser case replacement....told them to do a cast case, cast nose cone, and set it up for 4:1 gear options with room inside. A check a couple weeks back and they haven't progressed much, but are still working on stuff....

maybe someday....

For now, the Marlin doubler is my choice.

that seems like a long setup, almost 7 inches does that not make your rear drveshaft really short, do you use this?

not yet, but I intend to...next winter hopefully, unless something more appealing comes along.

I also have my rear springs reversed so there is 3.5" more room...that helps quite a bit.

Not many are out there right now...couple guys on the Pirate4x4.com board have it tho....worth a search in the Cruiser section to see what they have done...also check at http://www.marlincrawler.com for some installed pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom