Taco/FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been kicking this idea around for a couple years now. Take the cab and bed off the taco, and fit the fj45 cab and bed on. I know Lance with IPOR has done something like this with a 80 and 40. Any thoughts?

Mike

Take a bunch of measurements of the engine bay and see what you come up with. The taco is going to be short and wide and the fj45 is going to be long and narrow. If there's a will, there's a way...

You can get all new fj45 parts from Aqualu.

Would you run the taco engine/tranny/xfer case and axles or put cruiser running gear under it?

All of the taco running gear, just the fj45 cab and bed. Basically a taco with the fj45 look. What I've got is a fj40 with the top cut to a half cab. I've sold some of the running gear, so I'm left with a tub. I want to make something of it. I figured I would just cut the tub and make a cab and fab up a bed for it. The taco was just a thought. I said what the heck, make a new pick up look like an old one.
Here's a pic of what I've got to start with, minus some of the running gear.

landcruiser.jpg

My first response when I saw the picture was "WTF is that?" :eek:

Then read your description. Ok... :D

Go for it. Since you have it there, you can take all the measurements. As mentioned, the width of the Tacoma engine could be an issue. Might have to get a little creative with things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom