T-case Crossmember torque spec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried to look for it online with no luck. Anyone have the legit Gooden-tight numbers for these 4 bolts each side? Just re-torquing all my under the rig bolts and such.

If there's no specific torque spec listed you usually refer to a general bolt torque spec based on the size of the fastener elsewhere in the manual. I don't remember if those are M14 bolts. If so, torque to whatever a M14 bolt spec is. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Those bolts should be M12's, at least that's what they are on my '88.

Torque wise:

- M12 marked with a "6T" go 41 to 59 lbs.
- M12 marked with a "8T" go 46 to 69 lbs.

These #'s are from the general chart, not specific for crossmember bolts.

12th hour edit:

Did find mention of this:
- "Raise the transmission slightly and install the No. 2 crossmember bolts and tighten to 70 ft. lbs."

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers, have to crawl under there and check before it rains and hope to tighten it so I can sleep better =)

Okay finally crawled under there and it's a 17mm socket that fits the bolt head and it has #7 on it. Any idea what this bolt spec is?

Can't confirm what my bolts are...they're bagged with a gazillion others and are somewhere in 1 of 5 or 6 bins.

Have you confirmed what thread size they are?

Snipped from my '88 FSM:

crsmbr.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that addresses those doesn't it?

The circled blowup refers to the smaller 9 pounders.

You'd think they could do a better job with some of these diagrams.

Hell, take actual pics of the real stuff...I think my dog could do a better job drawing some of these.

Thanks for all the positive input folks. The Marlin shoutout page was full of Ugga Duggas types LOL. But ya'all deserve a beer for sure. Tracked it down to a M12 1.25 pitch 50mm long bolt . Got spares for the trail (for me or others that may need it) 70 ft pounds of torque was the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom