Sway bar for LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC200Derek

Threads
do we have options for front and rear sway bars?

Not that I'm aware of. At least no aftermarket options for the KDSS bar. What is your goal?

There is the possibility to convert to the LX570 sway bars which would be generally more tender and potentially more stiff. Because it is static, it will be more tender than when KDSS is engaged on-road. But possibly more stiff when KDSS disengages for off-road. This works for the LX as the cross linked AHC suspension can be softer for overall equivalent to KDSS disengaged roll stiffness.

That's the theory at least.

Then there's the advantage of running bigger tires as it removes KDSS clearance issues.

@bloc recently measured front sway bar numbers: LC@43mm, LX@37mm. I just measured my rear LX@26.25mm

How this all works out if potentially one were to swap the LC200 sway bars for LX570, could probably be best answered by @turbo8 , as he deleted AHC and is running LC Kings with LX sways.

thanks @TeCKis300

The goal is more stability on freeway at high speeds

No mods.

Looking for a better stiffer ride.

Might look into aftermarket suspensions. Or even just aftermarket shocks that could give you the added control and stiffness you're looking for? Something like Bilstein digressive shocks could be what you're looking for.

What year LC and how many miles? Stock wheel size?

As Teckis posted the LC bar is quite thick.. but that assumes the system is working correctly. Still, you are dealing with a 6000lb suv on suspension designed to go off-road, and pretty big sidewalls.

IMO Someone looking for a more responsive ride in an LC should be thinking about different suspension and larger wheels, and understand that at least with regard to the suspension there aren’t many people asking for this, so it may be tough to find appropriate products.

2008 with 186K miles.

so for context, I used to have a 2010 LX, sold it last year and got this last week. I was trying to see if we have options for a better highway handling here.

Better aftermarket suspension would be your solution here. You will compromise on other aspects of the ride. But for high speed stability it’s astonishing what a difference it makes. If you want a bit more control over the suspension subtleties than something adjustable to help as well.

The KDSS is Toyota’s approach to sway bars for these vehicles and it’s a great system. Unfortunately, it can only do so much at high speeds with softer OEM springs.

No mods.

Looking for a better stiffer ride.
Go with stiffer shocks first. This is the Lotus superior handling secret. Stiffening the ARB's would help some on the hw, but at a great loss of the KDSS system to release them while on rough terrain. While your focus is highway, I would not give up that feature... I would suggest going with the Bilstein shock offering.

Thanks all, appreciate the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom