Sway bar extentions? Help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK I got the HFS kit from CCOT and I after getting one side done. I tried installing the extentions that they sent me but it seems as they are not long enough? Is there a trick to how to install these things? Thanks in advance.

I Just Finished Install Of Belton Susp. On My 85 Fj60 And I Gained About Four Inches And I Went With Man A Fre For Their 4 Inch Extentsions And I Am Glad I Did. They Were Just Right. You Might Have To Much Lift For The Ones Sent With The Kit. Or Maybe You Just Need To Do Both Sides And Then Put On The Sway Bar. Thats How I Did It.
Good Luck

That's what I was thinking too. I will try and and see if this works. Thanks for the reply! Would it be a good or bad idea if I just took off the swaybar?

MR.FJ60 said:
That's what I was thinking too. I will try and and see if this works. Thanks for the reply! Would it be a good or bad idea if I just took off the swaybar?

dont do it you may gain some articulation off road, but on road your pig is giong to sway way to much especialy after a lift ....... recomd getting rear sway bars if you dont already have them!

Hey RED I think your right. I decided to just leave the swaybars on the vehicle because of what you said and def. don't want my truck getting out of control in case of an emergency.

someone correct me if I'm wrong-- but I am under the impression that sway bars don't actually help you maintain control at all, they just retard the apparent feel of body roll so that you and your passengers don't lose your lunch while zipping about on windy roads.

It has even been suggested that one is more likely to roll an SUV with swaybars as you don't get the same gradual body roll feeling but rather go from level to "uh-oh" much more quickly.

I am not sure I agree with the truck handling being easier to read without swaybars. I have run with and without and found that everyday driving is much more secure feeling with the bars connected front and rear. I feel better with not so much body lean but still realize that I'm driving something that handles marginal at best even with bars. In a panic situation, I would definatley want the bars hooked up. I still get the Oh crap feeling when making a turn too fast but I don't feel it sneaks up on me.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom