suspension shop around RDU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to have a fair bit of weight added to my 200 series soon enough (hopefully) with a 40 gallon LRA tank. A slee/dissent/etc bumper will follow eventually for the spare. I'm trying to parse through the rear spring threads and my head is spinning from the options and brands - OME/bilstein/eibach/etc o_O . Does anyone know of a reputable starting point for a suspension setup that would have good recommendations for product and a good track record for installations?

I want to maintain a fairly discreet setup (minimal to no lift - 2" or so from OEM) and minimize any ridiculous rake to keep from butchering handling on the road. TIA.

Last edited:
This is a fairly new Toyota shop in Raleigh. They might be worth a shot. Seems like a solid outfit. There aren't any other shops in Raleigh I would consider. There is Apex Overland in Greensboro. They seem to have a good reputation.

This is a fairly new Toyota shop in Raleigh. They might be worth a shot. Seems like a solid outfit. There aren't any other shops in Raleigh I would consider. There is Apex Overland in Greensboro. They seem to have a good reputation.

thanks. Without first hand experience I may be wrong, but I have pieced together from what was said elsewhere on mud the GSO outfit has butchered some work that needed to be fixed elsewhere. Again, I could be misreading the tea leaves but that's what I thought was conveyed.

I get nervous with springs under load being manipulated with the floor jacks I have at home. I don't have any experience changing any struts (due to spring compression), but cannot see a way to go about this on my rig without serious repercussions if I do something wrong.

I just completed something similar on my HDJ81. I previously installed an OME 2.5" medium lift with stock bumpers and OEM electric winch.
I ordered a 24-gallon LRA tank that fits in the spare tire well. It was installed by Main Line Overland in Charlotte who did an excellent job. I love this tank and it doesn't limit clearance. I am racking up rewards points on the CC with the price of diesel!
I also installed Air Down Gear Up drawers with slide-out kitchen.

I installed Dobinsons IMS59-60687 rear shocks, IMS45-60912 front shocks, C96-147VT, and C96-146VT springs. Best ride ever!! Thanks, @lumbee1

Before installing the tank and drawers with the OME shock spring setup, I was at 20.5" front and 22.5" rear on the vehicle's right and 21" front and 23" rear on the vehicle's left. Measured from the hub's center to the fender flare's bottom.
After installing everything I am now at 23" front and 23.5" rear on both sides with full gas tanks and the drawers filled with camping gear minus the fridge.

Main Line Overland did an alignment for me and checked my castor while I was there and the castor was off. I ordered and just received Delta VS 3" front radius arms with OEM bushings to correct my castor. I haven't installed them yet but should bring me back to OEM geometry. I looked at other solutions but decided to buy once cry once and not have to cut anything.
The truck rides fine without the Delta VS radius arms right now, but I think it will be better once installed from what I have read.

thanks. Without first hand experience I may be wrong, but I have pieced together from what was said elsewhere on mud the GSO outfit has butchered some work that needed to be fixed elsewhere. Again, I could be misreading the tea leaves but that's what I thought was conveyed.

I get nervous with springs under load being manipulated with the floor jacks I have at home. I don't have any experience changing any struts (due to spring compression), but cannot see a way to go about this on my rig without serious repercussions if I do something wrong.
Who is GSO?

You're not confusing Apex Overland with Carolina Offroad Outfitters are you? COO has a rep.

You're not confusing Apex Overland with Carolina Offroad Outfitters are you? COO has a rep.
GSO = greensboro. sorry about that.

Maybe so. I don't have direct experience with either, just trying to stay away from shoddy work if possible.

Is the rear spring setup swap able to be done solo in the garage?

highly rec suspension solutions in cary for your work. they fixed a long standing issue i had on the 62 when i had it.

also had recent work done with TEQ and they're top notch.

can't go wrong with either!

2x for TEQ Customs in Raleigh. They're located off Atlantic Blvd north of downtown. When installing my 100's Dob IMS lift, they hit some unexpected snags, made things right and got me straight. Good guys.

To follow up on the mention of Teq Customs above, I saw on F'Book (see ad below) that they are having an open house tomorrow starting at 3pm. Since beer is involved, I will probably go to check it out :D , anyone else interested?

1678481171184.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom