Suspension Options for LX470 AHC Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's a thread on here called "Techstream in 5 Minutes". That will get you a complete and functional copy running on a laptop (windows) in about 5 minutes after download. For free. You just need the cable.

Techstream is sort of like Cobb Access Port, I think. Except it's the Toyota/Lexus diagnostics suite. The critical part for you is that it allows you to read all the AHC disgnostics. The system is typically very easy to troubleshoot once you have that tool running. Without Techstream or another diagnostic tool to read values, troubleshooting AHC is difficult and sometimes impossible.

Your critical diagnostic here is neutral pressures. I suspect your rear (and perhaps front) is out of spec. Fixing the front is free - you simply adjust the torsion bars. Quick and easy. The rear requires replacing the springs or adding a spacer. Relatively cheap and simple. Add globes and a fluid flush to that you've got a nice baseline on AHC.
Is it possible that an electrical short would've had anything to do with my rear dropping like it did? I only ask since when I hit the lumbar button I had forgotten it has a short and several things started acting screwy including the AHC. I really didn't think they were connected but just wanted to ask.
Thanks for that link btw. I'll read it now. Dont have a good laptop though. I'll figure something out.

Is it possible that an electrical short would've had anything to do with my rear dropping like it did? I only ask since when I hit the lumbar button I had forgotten it has a short and several things started acting screwy including the AHC. I really didn't think they were connected but just wanted to ask.
Thanks for that link btw. I'll read it now. Dont have a good laptop though. I'll figure something out.
Short - possibly. AHC relies on electrical signals for pressure, heights, speed, etc... Electrical gremlins are no fun.

Laptop - a beat up, but functional used one is great for this. No need for anything fancy.

Short - possibly. AHC relies on electrical signals for pressure, heights, speed, etc... Electrical gremlins are no fun.

Laptop - a beat up, but functional used one is great for this. No need for anything fancy.
I've dug out my old Asus that should work. I'm just trying to make sure I get the right cable. Been reading the 5m thread....btw love my yotamd key fob👍
Ok cable is ordered. Probably be later in the week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom