Suspect there may be a problem??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to pull my Aisan carb. to be rebuilt by Jim C., and noticed a large amount of oil and oily residue on the inside of the air cleaner cover(see pic). Also noticed a fair amount on the inside of the air cleaner housing. Looks like motor oil and feels like it when rubbed between thunb and index finger. I know the carb. needs rebuilding because I'm going through 1/8 of a tank every 10-12 miles when cruising on flat land at 40 mph with 33's. It also stinks to the point of giving me a headache even with the top and doors off. My wife won't get near me after I drive it saying I stink like exhaust! :eek: The choke is not stuck open. What would cause this oil to be present? I'm new to Cruisers (9mos.)but have never seen this happen on any other vehicle I've owned. Any ideas? I'm also desmogged if that makes any difference.

Could be a bad pcv valve allowing all your crankcase pressure to go right into the aircleaner assy. through the valve cover hose instead of into the carb. port.

Yup, PCV valve was my first thought.

Thanks guys - just went out and picked up a new one. I'll let you know if that's it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom