Superwinch overdrive for 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
I recently unearthed an article from the February 1991 issue of Four Wheeler that describes an overdrive gear for the H41 or H42. It was made by Superwinch. Does anybody know about this kit, if it's still available and if so, how well it works? Even with 33 inch tires I still do well over 3,000 RPMs at 70 mph. I could definitely use an overdrive!

So nobody knows anything about this kit?

Hi CWB,

I went to Google and put in [superwinch overdrive "land cruiser"] (notice the quotation marks around land cruiser.

A number of hits came up. It appears that maybe Superwinch bought the rights to Fairey overdrives, or something. I'm sure there's someone more knowledgable on this subject..... I'm just guessing. Maybe reading those threads will tell you.

If you leave the "land cruiser" out of the search, it looks like it's much more popular with Rover owners.

John Sherwood
Charlotte, NC
'79 FJ-40 TLCA Upstate Cruisers

I remember the artical..........thats all ;)

You asked if an overdrive works? It does on my '85 FJ60. I don't know what brand it is, as it was installed by the previous owner about ten years ago. When I hit 70mph, my tack reads 2400 rpm, which is the precise rpm when on normal 4th and doing 55, which was the speed limit (US) when this Cruiser was built. On 4th w/OD, the rpm's are about the same as my previous FJ60 on 5th gear (Venezuela).

Another advantage about the OD is being able to drive between gears when, say, 4th is too high and 3rd is too low, etc.

I just took a quick glance and saw that Specter still sells an overdrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom