For Sale Super Winch - Fine Spline (30) Locking Hubs - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
Super Winch - Fine Spline (30) Locking Hubs
$175
IMG_5948.jpg
IMG_5949.jpg
IMG_5950.jpg
IMG_5946.jpg
IMG_5944.jpg

Last edited:
Price drop

bmoonhajjar, I'm interested in your super winch hubs. I have them on my 66 and may just buy them for spare parts. I don't know anything about that part assembly so I am curious about the 30 (fine) spline part. I have the Chassis & Body manual and it doesn't cover locking hubs. Mine is supposed to be coarse spline. I have a disc brake conversion as well so not sure what I'll find in there... Any info you could part with is appreciated. THX!!​

Last edited:

bmoonhajjar, I'm interested in your super winch hubs. I have them on my 66 and may just buy them for spare parts. I don't know anything about that part assembly so I am curious about the 30 (fine) spline part. I have the Chassis & Body manual and it doesn't cover locking hubs. Mine is supposed to be coarse spline. I have a disc brake conversion as well so not sure what I'll find in there... Any info you could part with is appreciated. THX!!​

Course spline would be 6 spline. I have a bunch of hubs. I rebuild them typically and resell them. I am not sure I currently have any rebuilt 6 spline available right now. I know there are a few here on MUD available. Mark has a set of Selectro’s for $100. I was thinking about buying those and rebuilding. If you are buying as spares I would suggest they are either new or rebuilt.

@sfab, take five minutes and disassemble one of your hubs to determine spline count. While it’s easy to assume that you have fine spline birfields, if you have a JTO or MAF conversion, you may well have coarse spline axles.

Note to all readers: if you found this post useful, you are welcome to hit the like button.

@sfab, take five minutes and disassemble one of your hubs to determine spline count. While it’s easy to assume that you have fine spline birfields, if you have a JTO or MAF conversion, you may well have coarse spline axles.

Note to all readers: if you found this post useful, you are welcome to hit the like button.
Thanks Mark. I guess I thought I had "ball and claw" style axles for my '66, and not birfields? You are correct, it is a MAF conversion.

Good idea on the 5 minute disassembly. Sometimes I get ahead of myself...

That’s what the like button is for.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom