Sunroof rebuild and I'm stumped...sending up the bat signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the process of rebuilding the sunroof. I have pulled everything, cleaned everything, replaced guide carrier/cassette and both sides of drive cables with new, new weatherstripping around glass, and replaced motor and switches. Powered up- I can send the sunroof back all the way into the retracted position, fully forward and then into tilt. However, from the tilt position- it will not descend into the "sealed"/on plane with roof exterior position...it pulls the glass down below the roof and just sits there. I have tried two different motor units and two different sets of switches and the result is always the same. Anybody ever dealt with this b4?

Here's a video:

Last edited:
What worked for me…
1) Drop motor, but leave switch plugged in.
2) Open sunroof evenly to 2-7/8” from the rear metal opening to the front of the forward rubber gasket.
3) Hit/release the slide open button until the motor no longer spins (should once or twice)
4) Hit close button
5) Hit open button once
6) Mount motor back in place.
7) Feel satisfied at a job well done after everything works as it should.

As best I understand the sliding/tilting operation, there are no position sensors on the sunroof. The logic on the board either counts motor rotations or senses motor current, or both maybe.

@Bisho's suggestion seems right according to that understanding. It seems the motor drive gear is off a tooth or two and isn't sending the glass back to where is should be after tilting. This means it isn't tilting up as high as it should either.

That's all I got... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom