Front Right sunroof drain hole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The car has started leaking over the front passenger seat and sometimes the drivers seat. The sunroof stopped working shortly after. I believe the water leakage ruined the opening/closing system.

I took the glass off with 4 bolts hidden behind 2 panels and stuck a wire down the left front hole and managed to get a lot of dirt out the other end and get water to flow freely through it. I manage to put over 8 feet of wire through the whole before I stopped.
For the front right hole, the wire only travels less than a foot in before hitting an obstruction. After countless times trying to get the wire through, I am unsuccessful. There is something pretty solid blocking the hole, and water does not flow through.
I tried blowing compressed air through the right hole but still no luck. I still can't get more wire down into the hole.

The water leaking has been a very recurring problem and has ruined the passenger leather seat and the sunroof system.
For now the car is paAttach filesrked on an incline such that water flows through the back two drain holes. I cannot seem to access them with the glass removed but they are not blocked currently.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
I would like to solve this problem once and for all.
1999 LC

Can you access the clogged rain hose from the bottom of the truck? Be careful with compressed air that you don't blow the hose off the connector on the frame of the sunroof. I used .105 dia weed whacker line as my probing tool to check the sunroof hoses. Might work better than metal wire.

You can remove the grab handles, sunvisor, and A-pillar trim. There may be more, I don’t remember. Then you’ll be able to see the drain hose. My guess is it’s pinched under the A-pillar trim. The hose is very pliable and easy to pinch.

You can remove the grab handles, sunvisor, and A-pillar trim. There may be more, I don’t remember. Then you’ll be able to see the drain hose. My guess is it’s pinched under the A-pillar trim. The hose is very pliable and easy to pinch.
I took off the A-pillar trim by just removing two of the grab handles. The hose was pinched where it meets the headliner. After pouring hot water through I was able to unpinch the hose. Water can flow through now and although the hose is not back to it's original shape, I believe there is sufficient flow to solve the problem.

Thank you

The car has started leaking over the front passenger seat and sometimes the drivers seat. The sunroof stopped working shortly after. I believe the water leakage ruined the opening/closing system.

I took the glass off with 4 bolts hidden behind 2 panels and stuck a wire down the left front hole and managed to get a lot of dirt out the other end and get water to flow freely through it. I manage to put over 8 feet of wire through the whole before I stopped.
For the front right hole, the wire only travels less than a foot in before hitting an obstruction. After countless times trying to get the wire through, I am unsuccessful. There is something pretty solid blocking the hole, and water does not flow through.
I tried blowing compressed air through the right hole but still no luck. I still can't get more wire down into the hole.

The water leaking has been a very recurring problem and has ruined the passenger leather seat and the sunroof system.
For now the car is paAttach filesrked on an incline such that water flows through the back two drain holes. I cannot seem to access them with the glass removed but they are not blocked currently.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
I would like to solve this problem once and for all.
1999 LC
Can you access the clogged rain hose from the bottom of the truck? Be careful with compressed air that you don't blow the hose off the connector on the frame of the sunroof. I used .105 dia weed whacker line as my probing tool to check the sunroof hoses. Might work better than metal wire.
hi ebay has range of sunroof drain cleaning tools with a brush on one end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom