Sunday, January 5th, wheeling in The Rolls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi,

as the title says, we plan on wheeling in The Rolls tomorrow. We will be doing easy trails.

Meeting at 9:30am at the Ba'ja Chevron gas station on the Ft. McDowell Indian Reservation: Google Maps

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 13.54.41.png

If I can convince the wife I might go, and Jeff was that you I waved at cruising though Firerock? I was in my wife's white toyota C-HR

What's "The Rolls"?

"The Rolls" is the off-highway vehicle area off of Beeline south of Four Peaks Road towards Saguaro Lake, and bordered by Bush Highway - in the Tonto National Forest, Mesa Ranger District

Oh yeah what trails?

there are quite a few trails that are suitable for mild wheeling - today we pre-ran Forest Road 13, FR1808, FR1863, FR1811, FR1813, FR1343, back on FR143 (Four Peaks Road) - we inspected the trails for excess brushiness (I will carry large clippers), water (very few puddles), and to make sure that the trails are manageable for newcomers

I got the ok from the wife, is it ok if we tag along?

sure - see you in the morning :cheers:

we should be back rolling on asphalt by 3pm at the latest - so bring some lunch

Last edited:
here's a map with some trails in the area that we have run in the past - from Michael's iPad - numbered trails are those we pre-ran today

Map for 01052020.jpg

Loading up the women and the truck now

Had a great time out there today.. Jill my wife said she felt like she was on a guided tour of the desert. Only broke the cover off my trailer plug.. Thanks for letting me tag along, looking forward to the January meet to get a could of shirts and see more old friends

20200105_120044.jpg

20200105_120058.jpg

20200105_120055.jpg

great day out - great company

and a first for Michael and me: to have a 200 in the group - still with the temp tag :eek:

5AB3A012-07D9-4A59-A43D-7BB354249A2E.jpeg
4B5F922A-B6E1-4EC8-954E-0D896FB69EF8.jpeg
526999AD-2E62-4B0A-9DE8-D403C13CA3F0.jpeg
FB72D1EA-EA5B-4861-938A-72E190DC5790.jpeg

Last edited:
from Michael's iPad:

20 miles, 4 hours, 200 proof :grinpimp:

TRail_01_05_2020.jpg

good line selection in the new-to-Relix-200, managed the truck great on the steeper climbs and drops, too :cheers: - clippers were put to use once in the scratchiest spot

and there is indeed some info in the 200 forum about relocation of the trailer plug dealio, but I have to admit I didn't read the details on that :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for being there with the trimmers, that was super nice, and reminded me that I still need a few things in my offroad bag. Getting the 200 out and offroad before the temporary tags expire was a goal of mine I decided on the drive home from the dealership.. Breaking the trailer plug cover just removes the mall cruiser tag off of it.. I feel good about it, the cherry has been popped! I forgot how much I enjoyed having a cruiser in my life, I went 18 months of regretting selling John's old Fj55.

JMS_8739a.jpg

JMS_8742a.jpg

JMS_8743a.jpg
JMS_8747a.jpg
JMS_8752a.jpg

Here are a few from my camera. Sorry about the trailer plug, I didn't realize how deep that rut was until I was through with the '93, and by that time you were already in there. I also didn't know you can break stuff that's under the bumper on a 200...

Last edited:
Oh no worries at all, I tried taking a different line and it rubbed a little.. Had I realized you were going to take such good pictures I would have slowed down a bit.

Someone rear ended me as I was heading to the shop to order the part.. Gonna need a new rear bumper. Mmm what shall I do?

Someone rear ended me as I was heading to the shop to order the part.. Gonna need a new rear bumper. Mmm what shall I do?

:mad:

sorry to hear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom