Sudden HVAC drift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bloc

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all,

I’ve had my 13 cruiser since 2018. Basically from the minute I picked it up, the AC has been set at 74 and I’ve been happy with that. I did notice on long road-trips I might need to go up to 76 because it would start blowing a bit cold, but this was rare.

Over the past few months, even set at 80, it is freezing me out of the cabin. I have to go up to 82 or 84 to be comfortable. And it seems to be progressing.

Yes, the temp sensor located at the driver’s right knee is clean. I blow it out every oil change. I rarely run the rear AC so I doubt it’s the third row sensors, though they are clean anyway.

Are there any other cabin temp sensors I may be overlooking?

I do need to hook up tech stream and check how accurate this temp sensor is, just haven’t done it yet.

Has anyone else had this happen? Footwells are dry, I’m at a loss for why this would suddenly start happening.

My ‘17 has done this too; needing to have the heat setting increased while driving just to stay warm. I received a Customer Support Program Notification 20TE01 that says, among other things, if air is not coming out of HVAC vents at the selected temperature, the dealer will reprogram the A/C control module or replace failed servo motors at no cost. I haven’t done that because I hate dealers, but if it gets worse I’ll have to. Others have posted similar HVAC vent temp problems. Let me know if you want a copy emailed for reference.

My ‘17 has done this too; needing to have the heat setting increased while driving just to stay warm. I received a Customer Support Program Notification 20TE01 that says, among other things, if air is not coming out of HVAC vents at the selected temperature, the dealer will reprogram the A/C control module or replace failed servo motors at no cost. I haven’t done that because I hate dealers, but if it gets worse I’ll have to. Others have posted similar HVAC vent temp problems. Let me know if you want a copy emailed for reference.
Thanks, I’ll send a PM with an email address.

More data.. I was driving in the middle of the day, then later as the sun started to set.. and the cold blast lessened substantially.. kinda makes me wonder if the solar sensor is somehow contributing to this.

I really need to get back home to my tech stream setup and interpret some live data..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom