2010 lx570 no power to hvac ac controls HELP!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there recently had a mechanic try to diagnose my intermittent AC issues where the compressor would cut off and I will get a little error on the screen telling me climate control issue error after a few minutes of diagnosis, he decided that he thought it was the pressure switch, so just a test it out we grabbed one from AutoZone put that in there. AC seem to be working just fine. We also added Freon a ton of Freon came out.

About 20 minutes later, the system went off again. Message came on the screen at this time he kept testing the voltage and decided that maybe since we we didn’t use the OEM sensor not reading it and caused another issue. Suddenly all the power on the control went out. No power at all and when I click the climate button, I get a new screen where the whole screen says climate control issue. Please contact the dealer. I’ve never had that message before but there is no AC controls. I can’t press any of those buttons there’s no lights on those buttons per usual And another thing I’ve noticed is the ambient temperature which is on the dash display which tells you how cold or hot it is outside no longer reads correctly now it just says E which I guess is for error please help I’ve just had another mechanic come by and check it out he can’t fix it claim he checked all the fuses I’m at a loss is there a way to reset the HVAC system or do we need to take it out and unplugged it and plug it in? I’ve read that somewhere . SMH. 😞 I’m in Florida and I need my ac back. Help pls

image.jpg

Perhaps the original issue of intermittent AC was caused by low refrigerant due to a leak. Then R&R of the pressure switch left a connector partially plugged in that failed. If it was mine, I’d start with retracing the pressure switch work and putting the OEM switch back in. Then I’d disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the system comes back up. If it does, fix the leak and refill. That might be a first pass at a fix, but admittedly a WAG on my part since I’m not there.

Perhaps the original issue of intermittent AC was caused by low refrigerant due to a leak. Then R&R of the pressure switch left a connector partially plugged in that failed. If it was mine, I’d start with retracing the pressure switch work and putting the OEM switch back in. Then I’d disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the system comes back up. If it does, fix the leak and refill. That might be a first pass at a fix, but admittedly a WAG on my part since I’m not there.
Thanks that’s exactly what I did. I put the original part back on there, but still no power.:-( also, the system is completely empty of Freon, so I’m wondering if since it’s a empty system may be everything is just shut off I don’t know maybe I should try to put some in there

Thanks that’s exactly what I did. I put the original part back on there, but still no power.:-( also, the system is completely empty of Freon, so I’m wondering if since it’s a empty system may be everything is just shut off I don’t know maybe I should try to put some in there
For sure it needs refrigerant to operate. If it’s empty it will not work and give you the fault message.

For sure it needs refrigerant to operate. If it’s empty it will not work and give you the fault message.
But even if all the Freon came out with that, make the AC controls, go black to where you can’t even turn anything on will that make the climate button now read contact the dealership instead of the usual fan speed menu where you can select the fan speed in the rear controls and all of that stuff when I hit the climate button now it literally says climate control error Please contact your dealership. I have no green buttons on the auto the off button, the recirculating button, the mode button, the AC button none of that it’s all dark. I have no temperature reading in my dashboard when I click the different displays so I have no ambient temperature that says E for error.

But even if all the Freon came out with that, make the AC controls, go black to where you can’t even turn anything on will that make the climate button now read contact the dealership instead of the usual fan speed menu where you can select the fan speed in the rear controls and all of that stuff when I hit the climate button now it literally says climate control error Please contact your dealership. I have no green buttons on the auto the off button, the recirculating button, the mode button, the AC button none of that it’s all dark. I have no temperature reading in my dashboard when I click the different displays so I have no ambient temperature that says E for error.
I don’t know, but a reasonable guess is yes, nothing would work or light up and you would get that error message if the system is empty. At least try refilling the refrigerant and when it builds pressure everything may work.

Try to run the codes. My code reader will give me not only CEL codes but also sometimes random faults in the system.

I’ve also read where having an improperly installed air filter can be the cause. Possible broken recirc door…which is a common issue if not serviced either by yourself or the dealer as it has to be open and not forced open. Not sure if that would cause the error message though.

Also, not sure if this process will work on the LX, but worth a try.

Good news it was just a blown module. Got a new one in and everything is back to working
Mind elaborating what module needed to be replaced? The AC controls? Or an ECU? I also have a 2010, so I’m very curious what solved your issue in case I get bit by the problem one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom