Stretched FJ 40 on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon Cruiser folks,
Finally made it over from that "other" forum.
My build is 8 years old this month and I haven't done much to it in the last few years but I thought I'd post it up anyway.
We just got home from another great trip to Sand Hollow where we met some really great people that had lot's of ih8mud paraphernalia...

Specs: 69 fj40, 110" wheelbase, 5.3 LS, 4sp Atlas, 60's, Custom frame, ORI Struts, Narrowed body, ect.

Anyway, here's a couple of photos of our FJ:

Photo 1.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG

Let me know if anyone's interested in details or build pic's. I'm sure I've still got them somewhere.

Awesome, welcome...
I followed your build up years ago... really dig the angles you choose with the tube work. This is the direction I want to go on my next build. Only thing I would change is is the rear fenders & add a fj45 truck top for winter.

Last edited:
We need to have a meet and greet, I live just down the street from you behind the high school. Saw you rig on the trailer a couple weeks ago as I was driving by. Absolutely beautiful!

We need to have a meet and greet, I live just down the street from you behind the high school. Saw you rig on the trailer a couple weeks ago as I was driving by. Absolutely beautiful!

Heck yeah! I sent you a PM.

Loved your build on the other forum, mine ended up taking a fair amount of inspiration from it.

I sure did miss being with you Jim, Crystal, and the rest of the crew this year at our annual spring Sand Hollow adventure:(

But since you posted in the "Hardcore" forum...... and with tongue firmly in cheek.....why was "The Fallen" the only 9-rated trail you folks ran this year??

I sure did miss being with you Jim, Crystal, and the rest of the crew this year at our annual spring Sand Hollow adventure:(

But since you posted in the "Hardcore" forum...... and with tongue firmly in cheek.....why was "The Fallen" the only 9-rated trail you folks ran this year??

That’s because you weren’t there to lead us astray! (Although Woody did his best to fill in for you..)

It wasn’t the same without you Jack. Hopefully we will be back to normal for next year.

If you search pirate for "Project Goin' Big" FJ40 it should pull up the thread.

We made a quick trip back to Sand Hollow in October. Had great weather and ended up running some of the more difficult trails like Joint Effort and Nasty Half.
Learning to drive with the front locked and the rear open while using the cutting brakes was really a game changer this trip. I'm going to redo the Atlas shifters this winter so I can get rid of the cables, which will allow me the ability to shift when I need to without worrying about stress on the cables. I've already broke one so I'm going to mechanical shifters.

Can't wait till spring!
121791972_10218744651271614_7208878466357480739_o.jpg

121631897_10218744650791602_6057264386562402452_o.jpg
121776596_10218744650391592_2002332863061420583_o.jpg

Awesome, welcome...
I followed your build up years ago... really dig the angles you chose with the tube work. This is the direction I want to go on my next build. Only thing I would change is is the rear fenders & add a fj45 truck top for winter.

And maybe flip the bezel. :flipoff2: Great rig!

Is this an Aqualu tub? I stretched my frame by 14” and the wheelbase to 109”. I don’t have my body on yet and I was wondering how much you stretched your frame? Our builds look pretty close and I was curious to estimate my wheel/body placement.

@EWheeler , check this thing out!

Is this an Aqualu tub? I stretched my frame by 14” and the wheelbase to 109”. I don’t have my body on yet and I was wondering how much you stretched your frame? Our builds look pretty close and I was curious to estimate my wheel/body placement.

@EWheeler , check this thing out!
Mike this thing is bad ass. There is a full build thread on pirate 4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom