Strange transmission performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of purchasing a 2000 100 with 71K miles. As I drove off the dealer lot in drive, the truck woiuld rev but would barley move. It was as though the trans was slipping. After several hundred feet the transmission seemed to tighten up and then performed flawlessly throughout the test drive. When I got back I checked the trans fluid level and it was clean and full. When I fires started the truck, I noted that the battery was close to dead as it almost was unable to turn over the engine. The dealer thought the truck had been sitting on the lot for about 30 days. I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences. Is it is possible that the torque converter drained itself into the oil pan after sitting for so long? If so it it serious?

Thanks

Wasn't there a problem w/ the 2000 LX's having tranny issues? Search the old threads (2 yrs ago?), but IIRC, some 2000 LX trannies have died while the '01+'s haven't had any tranny issues.

Jim_Chow said:
Wasn't there a problem w/ the 2000 LX's having tranny issues? Search the old threads (2 yrs ago?), but IIRC, some 2000 LX trannies have died while the '01+'s haven't had any tranny issues.

NO NO! THIS IS NOT A TRANNY ISSUE. THIS IS NORMAL WHEN YOUR BATTERY IS REALLY DEAD IN THE 100.

I've experienced 2 dead batteries in the 100. When I've had to be jumped from a really dead status, the truck will not operate (go) until the voltage gets up beyond a point. It' took about 30-60 seconds in both cases for me.

The truck is fine. I new battery will cure that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom