Storage bins for the roof and for inside the Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spend sometime years ago going to expo's and motorcycle rallies, and this Contico boxes held pretty well, even on a motorcycle trailer that was constantly exposed to the elements with little suspension and small tires so it vibrate pretty bad..

They are not pelican for sure but hey for $30 they are not bad at all..
Contico Storage Locker - Walmart.com

If fact I'm going to buy myself some, the stack really well, they are pretty rigid, had little wheels good handles, 10 years ago they were almost $70, hopefully they are as well made as before..

I think I got to get me some of the Rigid boxes for the workshop and perhaps the rig.

Silly questions..

How do you guys lift this big old heavy boxes to the roof of the truck..??

Is it a trick I don't know about..??

We're men! Manly men!

Mine only weighs about 34#.

Disclaimer: I don't have a roof rack on my 40...

I have heard that the roof rack is best used for two types of gear:
1) stuff you don't want inside for safety reasons- gas cans, hi-lift, etc
2) light, bulky items like sleeping bags

So, when interior space is limited, what gear do you put in waterproof containers on the roof rack?

So, when interior space is limited, what gear do you put in waterproof containers on the roof rack?
Very wise, except gas can and rolling over are kind of mutually excluded..;)

Just for fun I'm working on a system like this..
DSCN2826-XL.jpg

Kind of a "Rolling ladder on a library" that will slide on the edge of the rack and then tilt to load up the item (can you say counter mechanical advantage) but it will be very fun to solve it..
DSCN2823-XL.jpg

Nice. My buddy wanted me to design something similar to help people load stuff onto their roofs and go into business.

Nice. My buddy wanted me to design something similar to help people load stuff onto their roofs and go into business.

Biomechanically is a very interesting project (my masters) but the day to day practicality is what makes it a hell of a challenge, Water>rust, bearings, sliders, bushing, leverage rathios, oh man I will love to solve the puzzle just because..

I put:
The sea-bag with the 12' x 20' tarp, poles, guy ropes and stakes.
Folding chairs.
Milwaukee boxes, one with pots and pans, one with coffee pot, all the cook gear in both.
Oh S**t box with survival gear, space blankets, wool blankets, change of clothes, camelback pack with survival gear.
Folding table 3' x 5'.
Maybe ice chests--I have two small ones--Igloo 28 qt Island Breeze--I take one for short trips, two for long.
Doing it this way the second cooler "keeps" a lot longer since it's not opened until needed.
If I've company beyond myself and one other person, the tent (Cabela's 12' x 12' Alaknak II)

Camp box #1 goes in the cab and comes out first as it has the set-up tools.

I keep a lot of my stuff in pelican cases.

I put:
The sea-bag with the 12' x 20' tarp, poles, guy ropes and stakes.
Folding chairs.
Milwaukee boxes, one with pots and pans, one with coffee pot, all the cook gear in both.
Oh S**t box with survival gear, space blankets, wool blankets, change of clothes, camelback pack with survival gear.
Folding table 3' x 5'.
Maybe ice chests--I have two small ones--Igloo 28 qt Island Breeze--I take one for short trips, two for long.
Doing it this way the second cooler "keeps" a lot longer since it's not opened until needed.
If I've company beyond myself and one other person, the tent (Cabela's 12' x 12' Alaknak II)

Camp box #1 goes in the cab and comes out first as it has the set-up tools.

Changed it up a bit. Split the stuff in Camp Box #1 into two boxes, both to go on the roof. #1 is the stuff I'm gonna need to pitch camp, #2 is the stuff that can come out later. The Oh S**t gear went into a much smaller dufflebag and is back inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom