STOLEN Stolen FZJ80 in San Francisco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That really sucks! Unfortunately, all the expensive add-ons plus the increased popularity in "overlanding" makes our trucks prime targets these days.

as far as I can tell it runs. No battery present with vehicle and you’d need a seat to drive away. But it should operate, like any good land cruiser would.

as far as I can tell it runs. No battery present with vehicle and you’d need a seat to drive away. But it should operate, like any good land cruiser would.

Damn that really sucks man. Do you get any sort of insurance money for your losses?

Oh wow karma sucks! Surprised they didn't steal those locking axles I sold you. Remember the ones where you had me change the shipping address last second which caused me to get charged back another 150 bucks.

Oh wow karma sucks! Surprised they didn't steal those locking axles I sold you. Remember the ones where you had me change the shipping address last second which caused me to get charged back another 150 bucks.

Hi Calvin - As I shared privately with you more than two years ago, and will share publicly on the forum now ... I was dealing with a very unexpected and wrenching family emergency when I went quiet for a few months. I reached out a few months later after everything settled down on my side, and asked to settle the change in payment - twice - to which you never responded. Clearly, holding a grudge for $150 for a few years and trolling someone is far more important to you than concluding the business transaction.

Even if I'm no longer in possession of the vehicle, I'm still happy to wrap things up, as I shared with you last over two years ago. Please send me a DM when you're ready.

@theQuaz This is so wrong in so many ways the way they just rip that thing apart like a bunch of wolves. Leaving an empty shell like that is just painful to watch, I hope that you are covered for your lost and this won't be the last time you will have a Cruiser.

Might want to post up the stuff that was stolen off it with descriptions and photos so we can watch the items for sale on CL, Ebay, etc.,

Sucks to see this. The worst case I remember of this type of theft was of Jessica Barton's MKIV Supra several years ago in FL. Car had like $100k invested into it and was very well known in the community, stolen and found literally in pieces. Completely stripped and they used a sawzall to cut up the body into like 10 pieces. This 80 looks like a great project for someone the way it was left.

JessciaBartonSupra02-1.jpg

article-2262277-16F11F87000005DC-276_634x491.jpg

All - final update on the cruiser. Title has been surrendered to insurance and the carcass is located at COPAR in South San Jose. it will be up for auction any day now. Purchasing the vehicle will require registration and a business license. If the vehicle is sold to pick-n-pull, it will likely be located somewhere in the South San Jose area.

from the previously shared photos, it looks like the following are still on the vehicle and likely functional:
- front / rear locking rear axles
- front / rear OME shocks and struts
- OME steering damper
- SLEE drop blocks
- SLEE washer bottle relocation kit
- Corolla light switch
- SLEE aftermarket light harness upgrade

If someone is able to buy it, or find the parts, please do so and keep them in the community! I’ll be around while I plan my next build :)

step 1, writing up how to manage insurance companies if your rig gets stolen ...

Sorry to hear of the loss. Thanks for helping spread information for the rest of us. Stated value insurance?

unfortunately, yes. I'm doing a bigger write-up, trying to find the right thread or method to post it ... more like an article or blog. The T4R guys here in the bay area asked for it as well, so it'll end up getting cross-posted, as there seems to be a lot of concern around this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom