Stockinteriors.com FJ80 Carpet Set (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the ultra plush cut pile with mass backing is much thicker than the OEM carpet. It’s a definite upgrade. I’ve laid down all versions of the ACC carpet, and this is by far the highest quality option.

the mass backing is thick and cumbersome to work with. I have laid down sound and heat insulation, as well as jute underneath with no issues, except that the plastic rear seat step pads will require extended plastic stud caps available at Wits End for $11 each I think. You’ll need 4 of them.

with regards to sound deadening effectiveness, I don’t have any scientific data, but when you compare the carpet to the original OEM stuff, it’s hard to imagine that it wouldn’t provide superior sound and heat insulation. I would still dynamat doors and the rear quarter panels for the best result.

Here is what I used on one of my previous builds, maybe it’ll help.
Hi,

What did you use to cut the carpet? The mass backing is super heavy and thick..also how long did it take you?

Hi,

What did you use to cut the carpet? The mass backing is super heavy and thick..also how long did it take you?
I used a fresh blade on a utility knife and traced out the openings with painters tape then cut. Probably took me less than 2 hours with the old carpet out. For the seat mount holes I've used a hole saw. I've left some wiggle room on the cuts and made adjustments when installing. So probably took up to 3 hours total with install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom