STLCA Member Rigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2355.JPG
So this has joined the family.

Hot Damn! That's a good lookin' FJ Jason.

I win! :D .... Wait, not sure that's a good thing. :cautious:

Lets get a Aetna ride in the works.

Yes!! been wanting to hit for a long time but don't know my way around there at all. There is a creek bed trail I've been wanting to ride but don't know if it's till part of the official park or not.

I know my brother used to wheel a good bit back there with the guy in the blue bronco in the ad. He had a key to the lease that the creek bed is on and just paid a yearly fee to get a new key. Not sure if that's how it still is, but that was the case for a while

This thread recently has gotten updated. Looks like they are trying to get better organized.

Aetna Mountain Adventures -Perlaky property access

probably the wrong thread to carry on this conversation but that's been in the works for awhile. Andy and I have spoken about this a few times in the last year or two but as I understand the situation it's now an official park instead of just a power line that ppl ride illegally. Problem is I cant find any good information with updates on rides, tow rig parking, camping etc...

I know my brother used to wheel a good bit back there with the guy in the blue bronco in the ad. He had a key to the lease that the creek bed is on and just paid a yearly fee to get a new key. Not sure if that's how it still is, but that was the case for a while

believe that's how it used to be "back in the day" but no more.

All that said I'd be interested in riding this place.

probably the wrong thread to carry on this conversation but that's been in the works for awhile. Andy and I have spoken about this a few times in the last year or two but as I understand the situation it's now an official park instead of just a power line that ppl ride illegally. Problem is I cant find any good information with updates on rides, tow rig parking, camping etc...

believe that's how it used to be "back in the day" but no more.

All that said I'd be interested in riding this place.

I don't have facebook, but it looks like there may be more information out there (see below). From browsing this info, it looks like they have established a parking area although trail marking seems to be in progress. Page 2 of that thread, which includes posts in the last few days,led me to believe it might be good to go with someone who knows the mountain. May be worth driving by if we head to AOP in April.

AMA

Aetna Mountain Adventures

I've been there a number of times. Most of the wheeling is on right of way (like the Cove) and does not require membership. There is public access on both sides of the mountain. There are areas off limits, though, and they are not well marked. TWRA does visit and ticket people. The Perlaky property has the old raccoon mountain funicular tower and a few of the better play areas; these are the folks that ran the alpine slide and raccoon mountain caverns. They still use the old campground. Plenty of parking for tow rigs on their property.

Hey guys, I'm over on the east side of the state but thought I would post over here where the activity is.

Current rig, 1998 with 328,000 miles. Built this one since November

Last 100, it was a 99 with 98,000 miles. Bought it like this from a mud member who bought it new in 99 and even designed the first diff drop for a 100 series with IFS.

My old 1993 FZJ80 I built a couple years ago.

I made it one day last year to GSMTR, hope to make it 2 or 3 days this year. I've owned Cruisers since 1993, just started wheelin them a couple years ago and I'm having a blast.

Hey guys, I'm over on the east side of the state but thought I would post over here where the activity is.

Current rig, 1998 with 328,000 miles. Built this one since November

Last 100, it was a 99 with 98,000 miles. Bought it like this from a mud member who bought it new in 99 and even designed the first diff drop for a 100 series with IFS.

My old 1993 FZJ80 I built a couple years ago.

I made it one day last year to GSMTR, hope to make it 2 or 3 days this year. I've owned Cruisers since 1993, just started wheelin them a couple years ago and I'm having a blast.
East side where?

He isn't too far from you @Hugh Heifer I think he is in morristown. So just an hour or so from Bristol I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom