stereo/CD player

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by AZcruiser, Jun 27, 2003.

1. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

Well the stock system is on it last legs. A few months ago couldnt play CDRs and now regular CDs arent reading. Any suggestions on aftermarket receivers/players that look good - meaning w/o multicolor,flashing LEDs and goudy cheap trim? I would also like something that fills the current stack system, no bezels to hide larger slot.
    Thanks again for all the great info.

Chris

2. BMT

BMT

Chris...what the cruiser has is a double DIN opening.  Not many companies make a double DIN radio let alone one that isn't flashy.  Kenwood's is silver and bright as a disco ball.  You can buy a single DIN radio (most popular size) and a kit that puts a pocket below the radio.  It looks pretty good.  As a matter of fact if you look at a low level late 90's Camry, it will have the tape deck and a pocket below.  The upper level ones have the tape deck and a CD player.  With a little creativity, you may be able to use Toyota parts to make that work.  Another option is to put your CB (you have a CB...right) below the radio and flush it out with ABS plastic.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf

Chris,
    Toyota has 2 single-din covers that C-Dan posted the part numbers in another thread a week or two back. He had one in stock without the flip-up door that I took a picture of but never posted. Let me know if you want to see what it looks like.
    -B-

4. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

Thanks. I will check into this part. The pocket for CB has always been the ideal way to go. The important thing is to have a player that dosent look like a disco ball-BMT! but blends into the black cluster of gadgets.

Chris

5. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

I got a Rockford/Fosgate that looks preety good. MP3 as well.

6. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

Landtank - whats the style and P/N of the RF?

Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.