Steering Knuckle Bearings... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know a good place to get a cheap front axle rebuild kit? I have a 78 FJ40 and one of the knuckle bearings is shot. It's a KOYO Part #303030. Someone suggested I try a Knuckle bearing from an 85 4Runner Solid front, but it did not fit. It was some German bearing, part #30303 ... but no extra 0. Anyway, it would not fit... I am so tired of looking at my truck on jackstands. I wish this 3 month SOA project would be over soon so I can actually drive this thing once in a while. Someone please help. I think it would be wiser to just go ahead and replace all the bearings and seals up there now while I have it all apart.

The correct bearing is 30303 D. A regular 30303 will fit, but it has a different taper and will not last as long in this application.

The cheapest quality kit is at Heart Of Texas Off Road http://www.heartoftexasoffroad.com/.  Robert stocks kits with Koyo bearings.  Good idea redoing the seals while you're at it. $78

Are you referring to Timken bearings?  US made AFAIK.  Did you change the bearing race too?

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom