Steering Knuckle Bearings...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by del3030, Jun 22, 2003.

1. del3030

del3030

Does anyone know a good place to get a cheap front axle rebuild kit? I have a 78 FJ40 and one of the knuckle bearings is shot. It's a KOYO Part #303030. Someone suggested I try a Knuckle bearing from an 85 4Runner Solid front, but it did not fit. It was some German bearing, part #30303 ... but no extra 0. Anyway, it would not fit... I am so tired of looking at my truck on jackstands. I wish this 3 month SOA project would be over soon so I can actually drive this thing once in a while. Someone please help. I think it would be wiser to just go ahead and replace all the bearings and seals up there now while I have it all apart.

2. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

The correct bearing is 30303 D. A regular 30303 will fit, but it has a different taper and will not last as long in this application.

3. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

The cheapest quality kit is at Heart Of Texas Off Road http://www.heartoftexasoffroad.com/.  Robert stocks kits with Koyo bearings.  Good idea redoing the seals while you're at it. $78

Are you referring to Timken bearings?  US made AFAIK.  Did you change the bearing race too?

Dave

4. tuolumnejim

tuolumnejim

I got mine from jt outfitters all the bearings,seals,gaskets and shims 99.00

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.