Steel Wheels With Same Offset as OEM + 1.5” Spacer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I could find 16x7 steel wheels with a 3” backspacing? I’m looking to replicate the profile of OEM wheels plus 1.5” spacers.

Whatever you do, I recommend against spacers. Just one more maintenance check on the list.
Naturally opinions vary.
I'm running steelies with no spacers, but they are 4.25BS w/-12 offset, 16x8 D-hole types.

IMG_20210529_145223148_cropped.jpg

70 series 16” steelies.

go with 17" Steelies!

IMG_7699.jpg

Link him an option with 3” backspacing.

The taco / fjc options will require spacers which he states he wishes to avoid.

I’ve been searching through lot of threads and lots of other sites that have the OEM aluminum wheels, but have not found anyone calling out what the backspacing is supposed to be. I see some wheels with a 4.5” backspacing called out as being guaranteed to fit my ‘93 FZJ80.

I have four of the original aluminum wheels that use shoulder or mag lugs, and my spare uses acorn lugs. I want to get a set of new wheels when I get a new set of tires (all 5 this time). I just want to make sure I get the right wheels the first time.

Last edited:
I’ve been searching through lot of threads and lots of other sites that have the OEM aluminum wheels, but have not found anyone calling out what the backspacing is supposed to be. I see some wheels with a 4.5” backspacing called out as being guaranteed to fit my ‘93 FZJ80.

I have four of the original aluminum wheels that use shoulder or mag logs, and my spare uses acorn lugs. I want to get a set of new wheels when I get a new set of tires (all 5 this time). I just want to make sure I get the right wheels the first time.
Then wouldn't it make sense to simply measure the back spacing of the wheels you have now?
I believe the OEM aluminum rims are 4.5" BS.

Thanks @jonheld!

Having worked tech support for a long time, I appreciate the simple, obvious, and possibly low-key snarky answer! :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom