Steam cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to try and tackle my oil leaks this fall. Thought about buying a small steam cleaner around $50 or so. Is it worth the trouble? Need to replace oil pan gasket and crank seal. Guess that what Is up front of motor.

I have a steam cleaner. It works alright, not great. Definitely softens the grease, but in my experience, the heat is sucked out of the grease to the engine block (or whatever) too quickly. Pressure washer is much faster, but steam cleaner can be much more delicate.

I haven't used steam. Might work but have to be careful about getting it into electronic places. We usually use a cheap sun joe electric pressure washer. Works great. I think they are around 2000 psi. We also use simple green as a cleaner. Again just don't hammer the starter, dizzy and alternator or anything else with an exposed bearing.

I've got a 4000 psi how water pressure washer but it's just flat out dangerous. It will knock you down and it makes a huge mess. Hence we haven't used it in a long time.

I absolutely hate working on nasty dirty "mung" covered trucks. Simple green and a pressure washer do the trick. I keep the engine running when I do the engine compartment and engine.

I own a pressure washer so will go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom