Starting the process of importing a KZJ78 from Japan. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tough Dog also makes an excellent lift kit as well. @reevesci sells them for 70 series. Great guy to do business with.

Anything I should let the dealer know to check specifically beside a compression test that would be outside of a third party buyer inspection?

1HZ are very honest engines. If they start ok cold, there is probably a 99% chance it is good. Is this a 24v or 12v? Batteries need more attention on 24v.

I actually don't know yet. I will be receiving the truck next week.

I’m just going to put it out there. Anyone who says a lift 80 drives like its on rails hasn’t driven a car that drives like its on rails.

I would recommend contacting Steve Jackson, give him your list of needs and wants and put cash down.

@divemedic I lucked out and sourced a clean HZJ77 last week that was just imported into the states. Had the pre buyers inspection done at a dealer yesterday. Will be transported to me next week. It is super stock, factor winch and lockers.

Here is a few images.

Imgur

The roof rack did get stolen during shipping though.

Here is a few images.

Imgur

The roof rack did get stolen during shipping though.
Forget the photos. Bring it to the Meet & Greet so we can see it in person. :)

Looks good. Good to see it still has the original steering wheel. The Japanese have a penchant for those awful aftermarket wooden types. There must be a huge warehouse in Japan somewhere full of landcruiser 70* series steering wheels.
This will hold its value well if taken care of.
The first thing I would do is make sure the coolant system is fully functional. The fan made need a new fan clutch.
These have a maximum sensible speed of around 110-120 klms per hour for extended periods. Any faster should only be for short bursts on flat ground. On hills use higher rpms to maintain speed. I generally keep mine under 3000rpm.

Looks good. Good to see it still has the original steering wheel. The Japanese have a penchant for those awful aftermarket wooden types. There must be a huge warehouse in Japan somewhere full of landcruiser 70* series steering wheels.
This will hold its value well if taken care of.
The first thing I would do is make sure the coolant system is fully functional. The fan made need a new fan clutch.
These have a maximum sensible speed of around 110-120 klms per hour for extended periods. Any faster should only be for short bursts on flat ground. On hills use higher rpms to maintain speed. I generally keep mine under 3000rpm.

Hello,

x2. Nice truck.

Welcome to the madness.

Juan

You made a very good choice buying a HZJ 77.
Hz1 , is a eccellente engin , minimum 500.000 km even up to 1 million .
It's not a ball of fire but endless .
You are also very lucky in having a PTO winch , super tuff .
Have a nice ride !

By Renago

The truck gets picked up from Austin TX on Thursday and Delivered to Asheville NC on Saturday. This wait is already killing me.

I have will have 55 days to get a lift and tires set up for the meet and greet, plus a few minor maintenance items.

I am told the truck is missing the winch control cable. Not sure how technical the meet and greet trails are yet or if I will need it.

The truck gets picked up from Austin TX on Thursday and Delivered to Asheville NC on Saturday. This wait is already killing me.

I have will have 55 days to get a lift and tires set up for the meet and greet, plus a few minor maintenance items.

I am told the truck is missing the winch control cable. Not sure how technical the meet and greet trails are yet or if I will need it.
Windrock has trails that vary from your basic gravel roads to extremely challenging and those that attend are free to chose any trail or trails they desire so to say it's "very tame" isn't entirely accurate. Based on previous years, a large number of attendees will be showing up with stock vehicles and little or no off-road experience so we try to cater to their needs so they will have a safe and enjoyable weekend. There are always some that chose the more challenging trails and I'm sure that will be the case again this year.

I have had a decent amount of seat time 4wheeling Colorado and Moab. That being said I have never wheeled an automatic RHD and I am very new to this truck.

"very tame" isn't entirely accurate. Based on previous years, a large number of attendees will be showing up with stock vehicles and little or no off-road experience so we try to cater to their needs so they will have a safe and enjoyable weekend. There are always some that chose the more challenging trails and I'm sure that will be the case again this year.

My statement was more about the wheeling the people at the event are most likely going to do. Not the park itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom