Starter Solenoid Failure Mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@RET2, I could use a second one for sure, my one good one is across town at my shop. I realized on our last trip when the fridge cord got yanked and I needed to do a field repair on one of the connections that while I was prepared for most mild mechanical repairs I was really underprepared for the much more likely little electrical repairs that crop up. I need to put together a little tool kit just for those that stays in the vehicle.
Like many of us on Mudd you will undoubtedly assemble a AAA worthy SHTF kit only to find you will use it more to aid others but remember a group is only as fast as it slowest (broke) member. Yes I learned this nugget by experience.

Hmmm, not exactly an emergency since I've got nowhere to go but I went to move my 2106 LC with 42k miles into the driveway so I could do a workout out of the rain and was greeted by a rapid clicking and no start. The display also flashed very rapidly in time with the clicking noise.

Am I experiencing solenoid failure? Has anyone heard of this happening at such low mileage?

Most toyota vehicles I’ve had with the solenoid failure (4 now.. wtf toyota) produce a single click not repetitive.

Sounds like battery to me.

Most toyota vehicles I’ve had with the solenoid failure (4 now.. wtf toyota) produce a single click not repetitive.

Sounds like battery to me.
I just confirmed, battery. Now given the SIP situation I have plenty of time to figure out which direction to go in that regard but I'm leaning flooded Deka group 31.

I just confirmed, battery. Now given the SIP situation I have plenty of time to figure out which direction to go in that regard but I'm leaning flooded Deka group 31.
@bloc nailed it click click battery, click solenoid...... probably. Unless it was on April 1st or it could've been Bush's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom