Starter Battery Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please remove is there's a master thread but I'm having a bear or a time trying to find a general battery recommendation thread for the 200. Not interested in a dual battery setup but just a high quality/performance starter battery without doing any modifications to electrical or starter. If a recent thread exists please post link and I'll turn off comments. Thanks in advance!

Lifetime. Yes lifetime Toyota battery. Can be found on sale for $189.

Interstate Battery from Costco. Was ~$130 or after the $15 core exchange.

Lifetime. Yes lifetime Toyota battery. Can be found on sale for $189.

Had to look this up as it seemed too good to be true. Unless I'm staring at the wrong thing, looks like it's still prorated with a "Limited" Lifetime Warranty.

1688954688089.png

Had to look this up as it seemed too good to be true. Unless I'm staring at the wrong thing, looks like it's still prorated with a "Limited" Lifetime Warranty.

View attachment 3369849
I’ve already gotten a free replacement for mine. No paperwork that I filled out, but the dealership did. i asked a lot of questions when I bought it. The main one was “how many times will it be replaced for free?’ The answer was however many times you need it replaced while you own it… 2 3 5 or 10 times… just sayin it’s already paid for itself with number 2.

I’ve already gotten a free replacement for mine. No paperwork that I filled out, but the dealership did. i asked a lot of questions when I bought it. The main one was “how many times will it be replaced for free?’ The answer was however many times you need it replaced while you own it… 2 3 5 or 10 times… just sayin it’s already paid for itself with number 2.
Sounds like you've got a great dealership. I doubt the one Toyota dealership I went to for a free oil change (toyocare/guard/whatever) would do this without some sort of pro-rated value or a herculean fight for a battery.

If I could get another Panasonic battery, I would in a second. As it is, I am leaning towards Interstate from Costco for when that time comes and I have to retire the OEM panny.

What's the typical longevity people are seeing from the original Panasonic? Assume SE region.

Just any battery that have enough amps for your car…
To be honest there isn’t that much black magic on batteries these days.

Costco interstate batteries are no longer a 3 year free replacement instead now it will be pro rated.

“Costco Automotive Batteries are supported by a 36 Month Limited Prorated Warranty.”

Costco interstate batteries are no longer a 3 year free replacement instead now it will be pro rated.

“Costco Automotive Batteries are supported by a 36 Month Limited Prorated Warranty.”
Is this true? In thought the whole point of Costco interstate batteries was the 3 yr warranty!!

To update about Costco: the battery guy said indeed "36 month prorated warranty due to abuse and the economy." I didn't push anything as I was dealing with several other things concurrently.

Additionally, I would NOT recommend Batteries plus for any starter battery going forward. I had to replace one of their mid-tier Duracell's on another car within the 3 year warranty period and they said they'd have to keep the battery for "up to 48 hours to see if it could be warrantied." No thanks.

Remarkably, their load tester system said the battery was "good" when competitor auto parts stores said "bad battery." Weird, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom