Starte Contacts, is it Karma? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
Last week when I was ordering some parts from Dan I decided to order the starter rebuild kit. Got the parts yesterday and also yesterday I thought my starter clicked once. Maybe it was my imagination I thought. Then today it did it twice.

Following the instructions on Christo's site I pulled the starter and replaced the contacts and plunger. Wasn't that hard. I was amazed how easy it was once the starter was out.

Just do one contact at a time and use the old contact as an assembly guide (along with the FSM).

Funny how it started doing it probably when the box of parts arrived on my doorstep. :eek:

Maybe cruisers watch Monster Garage, and spotted Romer's assault rifle .. the 80 probably figured if it blew the contacts before the parts arrived that it might get blown to kingdom come in some quarry somewhere .. :eek:

:D

Cruiser fear, is more like it ..

This is exactly why I have NOT ordered the contacts yet. I don't want the old ones to crater :)

Romer- ditto here a few months ago. Ordered the parts from CDan as PM while my starter was working fine, and my starter contacts went out about 2 weeks after I got the parts (but I hadn't yet installed them of course).

tarbe said:
This is exactly why I have NOT ordered the contacts yet. I don't want the old ones to crater :)

I am calling BS on that. The reason you have not ordered them yet is because you don't like projects that don't involve smearing grease or oil all over the place. Get 'em ordered and come on over....its an easy fix.

Signed, your Neighborhood Cruiser Pal. :D :D :D

tarbe said:

Wel then, I am not going to order a Head Gasket :D

My LX450 Voodoo doll (champaign colored, by the way) has a pin stuck through the #6 cylinder as we speak....:flipoff2:

elmariachi said:
I am calling BS on that. The reason you have not ordered them yet is because you don't like projects that don't involve smearing grease or oil all over the place. Get 'em ordered and come on over....its an easy fix.

Signed, your Neighborhood Cruiser Pal. :D :D :D

Do you suppose smearing grease all over the contacts would be a bad thing :grinpimp:

cruiserdan said:
My LX450 Voodoo doll (champaign colored, by the way) has a pin stuck through the #6 cylinder as we speak....:flipoff2:

Please tell me that is Romer's champaign LX-450 and not mine :eek:

Works by color, not owner.

I have a green one with an ice cube perched on the radiator too....:D

cruiserdan said:

Ha - I have recently painted mine orange with a big 01 on the side and a confederate flag on the hood.

I also have a horn that plays dixe. Vodoo that my friend :flipoff2:

Romer said:
I also have a horn that plays dixe. Vodoo that my friend :flipoff2:

What??? And run the risk of voodooing the Tard by accident!! :D

TY

Might as well paint it the best color there is for an 80 - Emerald Green. Since Dan's is that color you're safe as he won't do anything to green 80s as evidenced by 145,000 miles of smooth motoring on the green one.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom