St.louis Missouri club/trips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are going to the Mark Twain national forest to do a little 4wheeling and let some of the newbies in the group wet their tires a bit and do some light trails, stock rigs will do fine and their are by by-passes if anything is to difficult.

Alright, sounds good!

if anyone was offended by me emailing them from the list someone emailed me that jestermotorsports had started........ well get over it. I was just spreading the love:D

I'm more offended that I haven't received an e-mail from you yet. WTF??!! :mad: :D

I'm with Brian. I came over to mud after being on the 80sCool list for years and the entire time I've wished there was an active landcruiser group in the area. When I met Brian sometime last year on the forums and then in person to look at his Tundra V-8 swap, we talked about getting a group and/or a trail ride going - and he made it happen. I had a blast and have gone again on my own since then - but only b/c the others in the group told me where to go and how to get there and taught me how to handle my 80 offroad.

In my experience, nobody really wants to be 'in charge' of these groups - we all just want to hang out and talk with other knowledgeable people with similiar interests. So we are all happy when anyone takes the initiative to organize a meeting or trail ride.

On that note, I'd still be happy to have any more information about the Mark Twain (Potosi) ride later this month. I'd prefer to meet up with a few people and cruise down together. I've got another friend with a 1980 FJ40 and another guy with a 1997 FJ80 who both are interested, so at the very least we'll be driving down together (but I need to know where to meet people once we are there and which CB channel you all will be using).

Oh yeah, another friend of mine with a 'built' Jeep would also like to join us (he rode with me on our last trail run at Flat Nasty, but now has completed his Jeep build-up). Are the jeepsters still welcome?

On that note, I'd still be happy to have any more information about the Mark Twain (Potosi) ride later this month.

x2

I'd prefer to meet up with a few people and cruise down together. I've got another friend with a 1980 FJ40 and another guy with a 1997 FJ80 who both are interested, so at the very least we'll be driving down together (but I need to know where to meet people once we are there and which CB channel you all will be using).

I'm looking into driving down to a campsite on the 20th after work and doing some hiking or gravel roads on the 21st, then meeting the group on the 22nd in Potosi. Right now I'm leaning towards Marble Creek for camp and hiking around Rock Creek. It'll just be me and my dog.

If anyone is interested in something like that, I can post my plans when I get everything in order.

We are still indecided as to where and when we are going to meet for the Potosi trip on the 22nd. We were thinking the Hillsboro Hardees at about 8:00 am. We may also arrange to have some of the people living north of St. Louis to meet somewhere in St. Louis earlier and meet the rest of at Hardees. If anyone has any Suggestions for a St. Louis meeting place please post them. I think the plans should be definite by htis weekend. See Ya!

:idea:

You guys should quit acting 12 and go wheelin.

:beer:

I, along with numerous others, were pissed that somebody had "attained" their personal information without them knowing about it

With all due respect, if you and anyone else on that list are that pissed about someone having your e-mail addresses, then you probably should put all of those e-mail addresses in the BCC: field instead of the TO: field when sending mass e-mails. Put your own e-mail address in the TO: field and put all the other recipients in the BCC: field. Fairly common practice for e-mailing a large group and keeping those e-mail addresses private.

And just to play devil's advocate, one of the first e-mails I got from you was something along the lines of "send along the info you wouldn't mind sharing with others and once I get some good info, I'll send it out to everyone on the list mainly for contacting each other about wheeling trips, breakdowns, tech support, etc."

So..anyway, don't use the TO: field if you don't want everyones e-mail address available to everyone else.

:cheers:

Jester,

I don't want to get involved in a lovers quarrel between you and extremetoy, but I do want to chime in about a few of the issues you brought up. I too would much rather go wheelin than go to monthly "meetings" at a bar but these "meetings" do serve a purpose. Its a great way to meet and greet new people that have the same interest in Toyotas and 4wheeling. Attendence is not required, there is nothing at all formal about it, and best of all, its completely free unless you want to order food or drinks.

Most of the people that have been there are new to 4 wheeling and have stock or close to stock trucks and they wouldn't show up for a wheelin event several hundred miles away if they didn't know anyone there or have little or no knowledge about the location. I'm not sure if even I would go wheeling with a group of people without meeting them first. Some of them also have an interest in modifying their trucks and have questions that more experienced off roaders such as yourself could probably answer for them. In another thread you yourself said that you would be interested in getting together to shoot the breeze about wheelin.

Anyone around STL want to get together maybe tomorrow night just to BS? I'm pretty available at all times during the day since I'm recently unemployed. It's pretty damn boring so this would give me a chance to get out of the house and shoot the breeze with folks about wheelin. Let me know.

If you're available tonight, I'm game.

That's really all we do there, shoot the breeze with folks about wheelin. That's how the damn Jeep groups got so big. They had get togethers to get newbies involved and interested in the hobby. Then it grew from there. If it weren't for these get togethers I wouldn't know anything about this website or any of the upcoming events listed on it.

With that said, I would love to see you and anyone on your mailing list go to Potosi on the 22nd of July. I'm sure your familiar with the area and while its not very challanging for heavily modified rigs, it is what you make of it. You can always find tough obstacles if you look for them. I think many of the newbies would attend some of the larger upcoming events if they try something easier first.

Also, I think extremetoy did know who you were in whatever parking lot you talked in. The picture of your truck in 4wdtoyotaowner mag kind of gave it away.

I'm not butt-hurt over anything. I, along with numerous others, were pissed that somebody had "attained" their personal information without them knowing about it....that person being you...somebody that wasn't even willing to divulge more than an email address to me.
1. if people were pissed over getting an email from me then they should have made you aware of the fact they didt want emails from anyone but you, you made it lok like it was available to everyone.

2. only 1 person was "pissed" I emailed them, I had over 5 people email me telling me they had no clue we were having meetings or anything at all, they assumed you came into this thread to help get something going in st.louis and were emailing info about the group meetings or events

3. I did send you my email address, and no I am not sending you a list of mods to all my trucks and land cruisers to "divulge" my info... this is the internet why would I list all the mods I have then say if I am willing to house a stranger? cmon!! I did send you my email and for some reason you didnt add me....... cant figure out why not.

In fact here is a direct quote from you
The reason for the email will be to send you information regarding a contact list that I've put together for "locals". Right now, it includes most of the midwestern states. This was originally put together as a TTORA list but I'll be using it now for all Toyota owners around the midwest area. Anyway, to receive the list, you have to be on the list. So please email me if you're interested.
By the way, if anyone else is interested in using the format of the list that I have for one of your local chapters, like say Tornado Alley Cruisers or Tall Corn Cruisers, just let me know and I'll send it out. It's a great way to keep track of everyone.
Josh
so I guess you didnt add me to the list so I wouldnt have it? was anyone allowed to contact anyone else on the list or just you? I just want to clear this up so no one else uses your email list and pisses someone off, you blatantly said if anyone wants to use this list you will send it out to them in the above quote.

I didn't spend time gathering a list in order to be required to attend meetings. The list I put together was created mainly as a way to communicate with more local individuals...more local than a national club level....in order to GO WHEELING....not have meetings. I've gotten together with numerous people on different ocassions and actually hit the trails, not spent time in a bar. Yes, it would be nice to be able to hang out when not on the trails, but it's not a priority. I've got other stuff going on so attending meetings will NEVER be a priority with me. If that's your thing, then great. It's not mine. When there's time in my schedule to feed my "wheeling" needs, I want to actually go wheeling.
post 26 in this thread
We definitely all need to get together soon just to hang out and start discussions about things.
is that kind of like a meeting?:rolleyes:

I guess trying to get people to meet for ice cream when the jeeps did was considered getting your "wheeling" fix?

Anyway, I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you over this. Have at it. I really don't care anymore. I've got a good core of people that I go wheeling with. Just keep in mind that you obviously don't have a clue who all you sent out your little meeting invite to and many of those people certainly didn't appreciate receiving an untimely, unwanted email from a total stranger that lives hours and miles away about a "meeting". Right now I'm more irritated that this pissing contest will reflect worse on me than the person that pirated an email list that he didn't even want to be on.

In all sincerity, good luck with your endeavor.

BTW, you didn't even realize who you were talking to that day across from the bank. :rolleyes:

our "little" meetings have gone well thanks for the good luck wishes!!!
I assume you wont be coming to any meetings or events now, and yes I knew who you were in the parking lot..... Steve pointed out your pic and name to me in Toyota 4wd owners mag, so yes I knew who you were and still talked to you about coming to the meetings.

Why is this so hard for you to deal with? someone had to take the initiative to start this and I did- you seem to feel threatened by anyone doing anything unless you are doing it.

Steve said it best "how the hell do you think the jeeps clubs got so big... meetings"

MOJ- sorry for acting 12 but you didnt get the email I recieved from Jester concerning a list he offered up then says no one can use it after he offered it to everyone in this very same thread.
if I were acting 12 this would be over bicycles anyway!!;)

Meischa- did you buy the BJ42? I will help you in any way I can, I did get your PM about the 40 in Kansas, but wasnt able to read it until a few days ago. best way to get me is to call- IH8computers!! (I knocked my phone line down @ my office!)
I will make a master Phone # list for everyone to contact one another if everyone is "okay" with that. I will get some info next meeting from some of the new guys- I have most everyones #..... I dont have yours anymore though.

I'm going to give the place down by TableRock a shot next week during the week during the week or on Saturday the 21st if anyone is game. I have the map at the house, sorry but the name slips my mind. It's near Branson.

Potosi . . . . Really ?

Looking forward to the 22nd - see ya in Potosi[/QUOTE]

Hi there, since I live here ( outside of town ), can I come play to :D ? Got some buddies with Jeeps that might also be interested, if you'r a tolerant bunch. The Mexican Reasturant across from Hardy's in Hillsboro is an EXELLANT place to " fuel up ", depending on what time you come thru. I'll take some beef taquito's, and a couple of Modelo Negro's , and pay you Tues :flipoff2:. I'll be watching this with interest. Al

In regards to the trip to Potosi on July 22nd, We will be meeting at the Hillsboro Hardees(10610 Hwy 21) at 8:00am. We will be leaving there at 8:30. Here is a Google Map link to the Hardees:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...49&spn=0.007231,0.014462&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

We will again stop at the Gas station at the corner of Hwy 21 and Hwy 8 In Potosi - I imagine it wil be between 9:15 and 9:30 or so.

If anyone wants to arrange to meet somewhere in St. Louis first before they head to Hardees feel free.

Anyone is welcome, inlcuding non-Toyotas. Besides, we like to watch people make trail repairs since Toyota guys don't get to do it very often.

...Just kidding.

Fee free to email me with any questions at steve@csgo.com .

I think we'll have a good turnout and I hope to see everyone there.

Meischa- did you buy the BJ42? I will help you in any way I can, I did get your PM about the 40 in Kansas, but wasnt able to read it until a few days ago. best way to get me is to call- IH8computers!! (I knocked my phone line down @ my office!)
I will make a master Phone # list for everyone to contact one another if everyone is "okay" with that. I will get some info next meeting from some of the new guys- I have most everyones #..... I dont have yours anymore though.

Sadly, the BJ42 was a no-go. I flew over to KC and then drove an hour to see the thing and probably drive it back to STL. I talked to the guy numerous times and got lots of photos. BUT, somewhere in our conversations he neglected to mention that the cruiser did NOT have an engine! He specifically told me that he wouldn't hesitate to "take" it anywhere - and later said he didn't mean that it was driveable.

My fault for not asking for pics of the engine or more details about how it ran. I've been looking a long time and got excited about a possibly great deal on an unusual and hard to find cruiser.

I did consider though whether a newer toyota diesel could be swapped into the BJ42, but I don't have your expertise in this area so I didn't even know if it was possible (or where I would find a newer Toyota diesel).

I'm still on the lookout

In regards to the trip to Potosi on July 22nd, We will be meeting at the Hillsboro Hardees(10610 Hwy 21) at 8:00am.
We will again stop at the Gas station at the corner of Hwy 21 and Hwy 8 In Potosi - I imagine it wil be between 9:15 and 9:30 or so.

If anyone wants to arrange to meet somewhere in St. Louis first before they head to Hardees feel free.

Anyone is welcome, inlcuding non-Toyotas. Besides, we like to watch people make trail repairs since Toyota guys don't get to do it very often.

I think we'll have a good turnout and I hope to see everyone there.

Unfortunately, a 'series of unfortunate events' will prevent my attendance at what appears will be a fantastic trail run.

My 80 is still in northern Minnesota (until Aug 15th or so), and I have not been successful in purchasing an FJ40. My neighbor and his factory locked '97 FJ80 are out due to his daughter's early delivery of his new grandchild, and it doesn't feel right to ask if I can take his 80 without him. The guy I met with the '80 FJ40 says his factory powersteering has a problem and he is out. Finally, my original ride with Dan (who rode with me on the Flat Nasty trail run) just learned that his newly 'built' '95 Wrangler will not be ready for this weekend - which would have been REALLY fun b/c I saw it for the first time yesterday down at Custom Differentials and it is awesome (for a Jeep :). 37" tires with a Dana 60 up front and a Dana 70 in the rear. ARB air lockers on both. Fabtech suspension. Chevy r700 tranny with seperate hi/lo diffs for front and rear. Really great rig (again, for a Jeep).

Alas, we had to leave it at Custom Differentials yesterday as the speedo is not working and there is a vibration in the drive line under power which seems to be due to the long tranny.

Regardless, he is out for this weekend, but hoping to see everyone again for a future trail run.

Where We Goin ?

Like some others asked, I'm kind'a curious where the trail rideing will take place, to get an idea where we'll be. Main reason for asking, I know some people who've recieved tickets for being " off road ", and this in an area where we helped the Forest Serv do a trail clean up. Go figure. Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom