ST Anthony Sand dunes Friday & Saturday Nov 4-5 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
Myself, and @hygge (Kristian) are planning a trip to the sand dunes in St Anthony, ID

We will be celebrating Kristian's 40th birthday.

Tentative plan:
leave Bozeman after work on Friday, find a decent camping spot, likely near the sand resort. drink to many IPAs Friday night and explore the sand on Saturday. drive home Saturday afternoon/evening. we will hammer out the exact details later, closer to the date

Unknowns:
IT might be cold, as it will be the first week of November. I have never been this late in the season.

Anyone is welcome to join, but let me know if you plan on showing up. you'll need a dune flag to ender the OHV area. we will be on GMRS radios, these are critical for navigating and communication while on the sand. I've been on the sand at least a half a dozen times, so I can assist noobs, stock vehicles can do fine, i can offer experience and advice to anyone who feels its necessary

St Anthony is about 3 hours from Bozeman, depending on traffic and weather

This is not an official club run, but all rules and conditions apply, enter at your own risk.

Last edited:
Make sure there’s no closure’s in November do to elk migration

Make sure there’s no closure’s in November do to elk migration
I have looked into this, they close the one side 12/31 for the elk migration. appreciate the concern!

Does the club have some flags somewhere Aaron?
They exist! I do not have them thought. not sure who is the one who ended up wit them. last time I used them had to be two years ago by now

I think Brian might have them unless someone else grabbed them.

I am going to try to make this one happen. Thanks for the invite.

They exist! I do not have them thought. not sure who is the one who ended up wit them. last time I used them had to be two years ago by now
Yes, they do exist, I have them!!! And I will happily pass them on to the next flag bearer 👍

Yes, they do exist, I have them!!! And I will happily pass them on to the next flag bearer 👍
ill have to grab those from ya at some point if you dont mind letting me borrow them

Really looking forward to this friends!

Should be a blast.

Last time I was in sand was in Pismo Beach for Turf N Surf 2019!

Hope to see some of you!

I have dibs on that day off. I normally just drive in the morning because I have to work on Friday. Not sure about my schedule yet but just for FYI:

What we have done before for the crew who departs BZN for St Anthony sand dunes Saturday morning is to meet at Mama Mac's and depart that location just after Mama Mac's opens at 6:00 am because you called in your lunch order in advance to be picked at 6:00 am. A parade will head through West Yellowstone stoping for fuel if needed and or potty break. We then stop again in St Anthony for a quick stop, then down the road to the dunes. We end up at the air down spot and install sand flags around 9:30 or so. We can call the Friday night crew for a wake up call and better eta when we are about an hour out when we get cel service again.

Really looking forward to this friends!

Should be a blast.

Last time I was in sand was in Pismo Beach for Turf N Surf 2019!

Hope to see some of you!
Turf n surf was such a great event, I think they've shut almost all of the beach down by now

I have dibs on that day off. I normally just drive in the morning because I have to work on Friday. Not sure about my schedule yet but just for FYI:

What we have done before for the crew who departs BZN for St Anthony sand dunes Saturday morning is to meet at Mama Mac's and depart that location just after Mama Mac's opens at 6:00 am because you called in your lunch order in advance to be picked at 6:00 am. A parade will head through West Yellowstone stoping for fuel if needed and or potty break. We then stop again in St Anthony for a quick stop, then down the road to the dunes. We end up at the air down spot and install sand flags around 9:30 or so. We can call the Friday night crew for a wake up call and better eta when we are about an hour out when we get cel service again.
Sounds like you are running the convoy from Bozeman Saturday morning !

Sounds like you are running the convoy from Bozeman Saturday morning !
I will if my schedule works out and we have enough vehicles to call it a convoy. I think most people are going to be at your kegger Friday night.

I can't swing it this weekend. Bummed, I haven't wheeled the dunes yet.

I hope we don’t run into one of these (bad DUNE reference).
1666940373104.jpeg

so now that were getting closer i suppose we should probs figure out some detail. Please chime in if you plan on attending! we are looking at lows in the 20s for camping and possibly snow! going to be an adventure. anyone have a MR buddy i can burrow hahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom