Spring time, BJ73 leaf wear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spring bushes were noted on the annual inspection but while underneath a good look at the springs revealed some issues. The ride is good and the height OK with nothing sagging but should I be concerned with the amount of wear on these leaves?
bj73spring.jpg

If they looked like these on my 62, then you may want to replace.
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG

I'd put it on your list of things to do... those can/will snap with wear such as that.

As I have to take the springs out anyway to do the bushes I thought I would price up new ones just in case

Has anyone used springs from the Australian company PEDDERS? Not big in the 4x4 world but they do some reasonable priced springs. Otherwise OME look favourite and are easy to get

Those are pretty crusty, what brand of springs did you replace them with?

I got some used OME springs, along with OEM spring plates and shackles from a MUD member in California. My old, stock springs were using aftermarket extended shackles from SOR, and replacing with these put me right where I wanted to be lift wise. Less than 2", I'd guess, over stock.

Has anyone used springs from the Australian company PEDDERS?

Ive never been a fan of anything Pedders does. In Australia they are more of a road suspension dealer for modified cars etc.
Dobinsons are the best ones to ask about European dealers, they are fairly serious about their overseas operations..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom