spring over question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if it would be ok to drive a cruizer that has the back sprung over with stock springs, and the front not sprung over, but has 3" lift springs. I would only do this to finish working on the other axle i have for the front. My guess is that it would be unsafe, but just wondering

I drove mine SOA rear and SUA front for a month...no problems. I wouldn't run the highway, but around town it should be just fine.

One of the H**P shops here in town does SOA in front and SUA in back to help with rear axle wrap. I don't think it would be a big deal. Some old H**P waggoneers came from the factory sprung over rear and sprung under front, or is it the other way around, anyways. You would be fine, especially if it is on a short time basis.

thats how i run mine all the time, 4inch lift sua in front and soa factory in rear, by the way got my cruiser running again, went on ride with a bunch of heeps, and rolled it on its side.....NICE!lol

If you plan it out accordingly you can definetely run SUA up front, SOA rear with no problems. It also makes for a pretty nice drive as ideally you want your front stiffer for handling purposes. Maybe use a slightly extend shackle up front, stock in the rear and it will compensate for the slight height difference (SOA > 5" lift).

I just finished building my 40 this way. I run stock 40 springs with +1.5 shackles SOA rear and 4" Alcans with 1.5" longer shackles in the front. It sits perfectly level this way and rides just fine. It also has great flex on the ramp.

With 3" springs, you will sit higher in the rear but other than that, I like this set up allot.

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom