spring over conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 92 toyota 2wd pickup, and I want to buy a spring over conversion kit, if one exists, for my truck. Any suggestions?

I don't know of a spring over kit for the 2wd's... Are you headed in the pre-runner direction? Or just want a more aggressive look/bigger tires? Because either way I'd figure out what you're gonna do with the front end first, as that will be the bigger project.

2wd?

pre runner it and have a good time.

Switching to 4wd is a PITA.

I don't know of a spring over kit for the 2wd's... Are you headed in the pre-runner direction? Or just want a more aggressive look/bigger tires? Because either way I'd figure out what you're gonna do with the front end first, as that will
be the bigger project.

i'm definitely going prerunner style

I'd buy a U-bolt flip kit, a new set of spring perches and longer brake lines.... That should take care of the rear, till you want Chevy springs.... Hehe

Do you have any plans on the front yet? Anyone else have any ideas? I'm a desert of 2WD tech.... :D

For the front you could always use BJ spacers (yeah, they work on 2WDs too).
Then there's companies like RevTek, FabTech, etc that do more serious suspension stuff for 2WDs.

This will definitely require some welding skill. Nobody really sells a kit but like said it's nothing more than some spring perches and ubolts. If a 2wd toy is anything like a 4wd toy you can extend the stock rear brakeline with another stock rear brakeline, total cost from NAPA around $14 or so. Unless you have a 1 ton you will probably need to add a leaf to each rear spring due to axle wrap. 1/2 ton 2wd springs will be very soft in a spring over application.

Just get a 4wd rear axle from a junkyard.

A two wheel drive pre-runner style truck would be a lot of fun. I've thought about buying a two wheel drive pick up. And then making an immediate purchase from Total Chaos. Hell, I've even thought about buying one of their kits for my 4x4 pickup. From what I understand, for high speed offroad stuff the The SUA rear axle set up is prefered.

:beer:

From what I understand, for high speed offroad stuff the The SUA rear axle set up is prefered.

:beer:

That sir, is totally and irrefutably, 100%, correct. But I'm not going through my 1,000 magazine, P4WOR collection to find out more about it :flipoff2:

It also puts me in mind, with the popularity of this, "Pre-Running" the idea of a pre-runner tech forum. I bet Woody could could sell (allot of) space there. :idea:

I dont know how it made it this far, but I'd guess it's us being the "4" in the "W.D" kinda guys, but thats a great catch Curran :cheers:

The 2wheel drive frame is the exact same thing as the the staight axle frame they just have a-arms. You just need to buy all the stuff for a sas kit and you be good go,you just follow the same steps as if you were doing a sas kit 4wheel drive.

Good luck and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom