Hilux MK3 1995/96 external to internal alternator regulator conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having found the externally regulated alternator on my Hilux to have a shot rectifier assemby I ordered a replacement using the part number on the lable but got sent what appears to be an internally regulated replacement with a different plug.

I decided to fit this with a suitable home-made adapter from the new plug to the old socket. However, what I thought would be a simple job has turned out to be more perplexing. It doesn't help that I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere and previous posts about this on other forums are for different models.

Attached is a sketch of the connections to the regulator socket. The colours are those out of the socket to the regulator rather than those connecting to the car harness. I've also included a pic of the back of the regulator. I have unsoldered all the connections to the regulator but am somewhat confused about which wires now need to be bridged.

I know similar questions have been asked here before, but I've not been able to translate the advice to that of my particular vehicle.

Thanks in anticipation.

Alt reg plug.jpg
FEAB12B8-1EC0-441D-A85C-A03630D61E76.jpeg
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG

Alt reg plug.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom