Spring 06 Swap Meet Planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's that time, again. Sebastien, John, Tony and I have been working with reps from OCC, NoVA Jeepers, and Maryland Creepers to put together the Swap Meet for this spring.

Changes for this time around include the addition of another club (Maryland Creepers), possible RTI ramp, and a Crawl-Off competition!

If anyone has any other ideas that would make this event more fun, let's hear 'em.

Here's the text from the flyer:

4x4 Swap Meet
Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Capital Land Cruiser Club, the Maryland Creepers, the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association, and the Off-Camber Crawlers are hosting a Swap Meet on
Saturday April 15, in Fairfax, VA. 10am - 4pm. Rain or Shine.

http://coyote.gmu.edu/map/fairfax.html

Admission is free for attendees. Only $5 to sell parts (you are provided one parking space per fee). Fees will be taken at the Swap Meet but space is limited so please pre-register with us below to ensure your spot!

Grand Prize: TBA. Raffle tickets $5 each, 5 for $20.

All swappers selling parts will receive one complimentary $5
ticket with payment of their $5 fee!

Local vendors are also welcome and may purchase space at $20 per parking space
(or $50 for a large trailer). Or have the fee waived by
donating a raffle prize. Please contact us for more information.

Again, space is limited, so please register with us early!

Fuddruckers plans to make food available for sale, so bring the whole family,
stay a while, and have lunch!

Thanks, and we hope to see you there.

Your Swap Meet Coordinators:

Felix Stump - CLCC
Julie Simonds - OCC
Brian Berry - NoVA Jeepers
Dan Guyer - Maryland Creepers

It's a done deal. The grand prize will again be a T-Maxx winch!

What do you need me to do? Sorry I haven't been around. Put me down for a parking space. I'll bring the rest of the calendars.

Ross, will do. And don't worry about not being around. I think we've got everything under control.

When are you due back in the area?

I'm hoping to be done here in one more week and then head back. I'd like to be here the first week in april. Hopefully I'll be able to make the meeting.

That's good news. In case I don't talk to you between now and then, have a safe trip back.

FJ Cruiser at the Swap Meet?!?!

Maybe.

After seeing an FJC being test driven down Rt 1 yesterday, I called a sales manger at Taylor Toyota that I'd talked to after our last meeting. He's not sure they will have one available that weekend, but I'm going to call him bacl the Wed before. If he's got one on the lot, then he'll let us bring it out to the Swap Meet with some liturature!

I don't know yet if there will be someone from the dealership that comes out.

I'll let you all know.

I think you might be better suited talkng to koons tysons toyota considering they are a top ten volume store in the country and get a bunch more cars than Taylor.

PS:
Still working on getting in contact with the parking guy for fees

Okay, so now I have a question on how to handle the dealership situation.

Situation:

George Jermstad, Sales Manager at Taylor, came up to a couple of us after the last meeting and starting talking about the FJC and I mentioned our swap meet. He won't know until 3 days before if he's going to have one to bring.

Don sent an email out saying he'd talk to a dealer in Stafford and there's Koons in Tysons I could call. I don't want to jeopardize our relationship with Taylor (being that they let us have our meetings there and someone actually tried to talk to us for once), but I want to make sure we get an FJ there if it's a possibility.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Call the guy at Taylor and ask get his reaction to the idea of having another dealership there? Get a back-up confirmation from another dealer but only have them come out if Taylor falls through?

I think what you're doing is the right thing - being upfront from the getgo. Approaching Taylor for availability, and if situation looks iffy, ask if he minds a fallback position - another dealer. After all, Toyota still winds up with a win/win.

If anyone is planning on selling at the swap meet, please let me know if you haven't already.

I'm trying to get an idea of the spaces we'll need.

thanks,
Felix

Hi all, don't have a lot of time for a formal introduction, more on that later. I just wanted to let you know that I will be bringing my FJ Cruiser to the swap meet so if going through the dealer doesn't work out there will be at least one to look over.

-Bryan

swfknd.jpg

Last edited:
Again, nice truck, Bryan.

Post up in the Members' Rides thread when you get the chance.

You, too, Max Power.

I'm interested in attending and have a pile of stuff I'd like to try and sell. All fj-40 crap. 2 questions 1. will pudfxxxers show up this year? 2. will the winch go to a participant again?

Sorry for the sarchasim but I found the winch deal kind of BS, not as if it were rigged or anything, but raffle tickets should not be sold to the donating parties.

I believe this is will keep folks from "feeling cheated" I only bought 4 or 5 tickets I believe, and while I didn't feel to disappointed about not winning (hey it's a raffle) some folks did feel sore over it.

All of that said, I'm looking forward to showing up,

Anyone looking for 2f engine parts? pistons crank block etc?

Hi Ken,

I think I can answer your questions.

1. Nope. Fuddruckers is out. Famous Dave's BBQ is going to come and sell lunch combos at $8 each. BBQ sandwich, two sides, and a soda.

2. Nope. I brought this up with the reps from the other clubs when we first starting the planning for this one. I agree. It was a weird deal. We won't have that situation, again.

Feel free to spread the word to any folks that were put off the last time.

Felix said:
Again, nice truck, Bryan.

Post up in the Members' Rides thread when you get the chance.

You, too, Max Power.

Alright, I posted up a quick pic. Hope to have better ones soon (and I'll have to add one of the old fj55, may she rest in peace)

If you haven't seen it, check out F-junker's thread in the For Sale Section where guys are listing the parts they plan on selling.

Link - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=87243

Thanks for doing that, Ken. Not only does it let folks know what to expect and where to find stuff, but it also lets me know about all the guys that are planning on selling that haven't let me know, yet. :cool:
(That's right, Dan. I'm talking about you. :flipoff2: )

Felix said:
If you haven't seen it, check out F-junker's thread in the For Sale Section where guys are listing the parts they plan on selling.

Link - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=87243

Thanks for doing that, Ken. Not only does it let folks know what to expect and where to find stuff, but it also lets me know about all the guys that are planning on selling that haven't let me know, yet. :cool:
(That's right, Dan. I'm talking about you. :flipoff2: )

You must be geezing, Felix. I told ya.

Yeah, I forget stuff. still couldn't pass up a chance to give you a hard time, though. Even if it was unfounded.

:D

Trying to be a real club member - again.

I hope to make the swap meet. I know I'm a sorry excuse for a CLCC member. My job has taken me everywhere but home during the past two months. Hope to see everyone there.

PS My Taco now sports a painted front bumper and M8000 winch! Lockers and rails are next on the wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom