Spring 06 Swap Meet Planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tommy, no worries about you being away for a while. Everyone's got work stuff sometimes.

Hope to see you next Sat,
Felix

Felix, how's it looking for room to sell stuff. I'm thinking I may drag some of my junk to the swap meet. Thanks.

I'm glad to see folks are interested in bringing goodies to sell. Felix, thanks for addressing the raffle issue and food issue. I am coming on Saturday, what time does this event start? I've been spreading the word, I hope the turn out is good and we have a good variety of cruisers, junk and jeeps. I have intentions of joining the your club when I'm there, I'm praying the weather is as nice as last years event.

Anyone help you with the camber ramp? I'm sure this would really draw in people and grab their interest, maybe afterward we can run over a jeep or two!!! :)

I'm coming from Hagerstown (west of Baltimore and Frederick MD) with a Chevy Tahoe and a trailer full of s*** to trade off (I hope anyway); anyone close by?
see you all there!

cruiser ken, we're going to have plenty of spaces for sellers, so bring out all the stuff you want. The only reason we're having people sign up to sell is so that we can have a rough idea of how to lay out the event that morning.

junker, the meet officially starts at 10:00 and goes to 4:00, but I think we're asking sellers to be there at 9:00 or 9:30 to set up. I haven't had any offers to pick up the rti ramp, yet. If nobody from the south speaks up, I'll just go down there the night before maybe and pull it up.

btw, thanks for posting up all over mud about the swap meet. I think it has more effect when it's coming from someone other than me.

And, you're right, now all we need is good weather.

Does anyone have any yellow caution tape that they could bring on Sat?

Ads are up on Craig's List and the Washington City Paper. Does anyone know of any other free advertising available?

A friend of mine at work just started a site www.HelloNova.com . Its sort of just like craigslist but only for the local area.

Well, the dealership doesn't have an FJC to spare, but they did give me a bog box of FJ cruiser lit to hand out. I know we're going to have a couple FJC owners there, so I'm going to see if one is willing to display their new truck with this lit. Granger, you up for it?

Felix said:
Well, the dealership doesn't have an FJC to spare, but they did give me a bog box of FJ cruiser lit to hand out. I know we're going to have a couple FJC owners there, so I'm going to see if one is willing to display their new truck with this lit. Granger, you up for it?

Fine by me. I should be down there first thing in the am.

Felix, did the RTI ramp work out?

Ross, I don't know, yet. It turns out John Embry is coming, but he DOES need a trailer on which to put the ramp. As of Tuesday, he was looking for one. I'm going to give him a call tonight.

Nice meeting some more of you, any one else get sun-burned? Who won the winch?

Great Job on the swap meet everyone. Financially we almost broke even but with the activity and membership generated it will end up paying off many-fold in the future. Special thanks to Felix for orchestrating the thing on our club's behalf. We all owe him a beer...at least. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos because, like an idiot, I forgot to bring my camera. BTW anyone sell any parts?

hey guys, first time at an event in this area. My wife and i enjoyed our time. we had the blue FJ60 with the 84CRZR plates. was worth the drive from winchester to meet some of the local LC groupies. we are looking forward to getting involved with some of the trail rides and other events this summer. Take care

Thanks for putting on the Swap Meet, even my wife enjoyed it!

4&20 - hook up with "Shirtless" Burl in Winchetser for some local company. Burl wheels a 62 and is restoring a 40.

Great job on the swap meet Felix. Maybe, since you have the microphone and speaker, you could do karioke? NOT!

Didn't sell a whit. Maybe I shoulda manned my "table" more?

Where did that guy learn to measure for the RTI calculation?

At first Ross and John were measuring the verticle height of the tire and the vehicle's wheelbase to calulate the RTI score, knowing the ramp angle was 20 degrees. But later they were using the distance traveled up the ramp.

I have the notes they kept, and the first scores (using the verticle ht.) look accurate according to an online RTI calulator.

Here are those scores:

Ross - SOA 62 on 36s - 827
Felix - 40 w/ shackle lift on 32s - 617
Tony - lifted 80 - 638
Ryan - brand new FJ Cruiser - 515

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom