Spindle and nuts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We set preload between 25 and 35ft/lb, depending on grocery getter or wheeler. Most that we work on are often wheeled with 37" tires, so 35ft/lb. Bearings with preload are strong, loose bearings are weak and beat up parts.

Good to know. I've been doing similar for years on mine and sometimes wondered if I was doing the right thing.

Not that OP necessarily needs to go this far, but was it still possible to get the old bushing and press that in instead? I vaguely remember some discussion about this a while back but can't remember the outcome.

I could of done that yes. I ended up just installing it after greasing the bearing the best I can while it was pressed in there. I do have to pick up some studs for the drive plate that I had forgotten about that the PO had over tightened and stripped as well. 4 to be exact. Hope the stealership has em so I can wrap this up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help!! I finished everything last night! Drives great! It was just one of those projects that when ya think ya have everything ya need to dig into it ya don't because of careless work done prior. Anyway it's all done now and I am very happy i was able to learn how the amazing front axle on these work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom