speedo driven gear for correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello, im trying to fix the speedometer the best that i can with just the gear change in the transfer case sensor. i found a couple part numbers on the EPC, to my knowledge the FZJ has a 12 tooth speedo sensor gear in the transfer case and factory is a 32 tooth plastic gear. i found a 31 tooth but there is a couple different part numbers.

these 3 part numbers are all mark 31:12 gear

33403-69225

33403-19575

33403-80001

i believe the middle one is for a 93-98 toyota supra turbo and the last one is for a 200 series landcruiser, for all i know these part numbers could be discontinued, i will find out tomorrow. if anybody knows which one will work for a 1994 FZJ80 that would be great. thanks guys.

Ok so just called the dealer. The only one that shows up is 33403-19575. The other ones don't show up as a Toyota part number.

Last edited:
I went with the Yellow Box electronic correction. Very simple and you can adjust later as tire size or gears dictate.

Hummmm, What size tires do are you running? In picking up 35's tomorrow but I'm on stock gears. The speedo was not really a issue with 33's. I know with 35's it will be worse.

Slee used to sell a gear that "almost" fixed the speedo for 33" tires, maybe they can point u in the right direction.
I have the gear in my sender, I used to run 33's, now with 35's I am about 5mph off according to the gps on my iphone

Speedometer driven gears:
33403-69225 31-tooth 31:12 for bigger tires, makes a good correction for 33"
33403-69235 32-tooth 32:12 stock for 275/70-16
33403-69245 33-tooth 33:12 for smaller tires

i called slee today they said they stopped selling the gear because there was not much interest in it. the part number ending in 225 should be the correct one and it comes off a diesel 80 series with 3.xx ratio gears in the axles. i got my 35's today, i love em. the speedo is off 5mph when cluster shows 40mph. hopefully i find that gear or find something to correct it so its not as bad

I also used the YellowBox v5 and it was literally plug and play. My speedo in my cruiser with 40's is more accurate than my bone stock 2011 Camry

i called slee today they said they stopped selling the gear because there was not much interest in it. the part number ending in 225 should be the correct one and it comes off a diesel 80 series with 3.xx ratio gears in the axles. i got my 35's today, i love em. the speedo is off 5mph when cluster shows 40mph. hopefully i find that gear or find something to correct it so its not as bad

when you say it is the "correct one", do you mean this would be the correct gear for the 80 series to correct the speedo with a tire size of 35's? I would rather use a simple gear vs. my yellow box. I plan to never move from 315's.

X3 on the Yellowbox, easy and around $120 iirc for plug and play

Negative. There is no such correct gear to fix the correction for a 35 unless maybe you move to a 11 tooth worm
Gear inside the transfer case but I haven't experimented with that. You must either buy the gear reduction box some company in San diago sells which is like $100 or the speedo correction controller. I'm Just trying to band aid this until I take care of the issue properly. I found the correct gear from
TRDparts.com and it was only 20 bucks. I don't have my Hopes up tho, I'm sure I'm Gonna get a call and say that the part number is not available.

I'm gonna eventually order the yellow box, it will be the best way to fix the issue.

I use my GPS unit as my speedometer in my 80 series. It matches the speed on GPS units on my phone and they both match the speed in my unmodified LX470 at any speed so it is likely correct!

I been using speedHUD app on my
iPhone to estimate the correct mph. It seems accurate but idk what to compare to lol

when you say it is the "correct one", do you mean this would be the correct gear for the 80 series to correct the speedo with a tire size of 35's? I would rather use a simple gear vs. my yellow box. I plan to never move from 315's.
I have the Slee gear, it was advertised for 33" tires, its still off about 5mph with the 35" MTR's according to my speedbox app

Jpcarparts.com had the correct gear, and it's the part number ending in 225. I installed it and it's a lot better.

fify
jp-carparts.com

how much was it shipped from JP?

How close is it to your GPS at around 60mph?

I checked my 1995 with 33403-69225 gear and 285/75 LTX M/S tires this morning:
Garmin GPS = 70.0mph
Eyeball on needle = 70mph
ScanGauge II = 69mph

I paid a total of $36 and it got here pretty damn fast. I will get the info for the difference it made when I get off work today. Iirc it was like 2mph off I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom