Speaking of fires: Bush Fire at Beeline Highway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Salt River lake system will be the containment south and east along with Hwy 188 east, not any realistic containment before that in these conditions. Im afraid it is going to get Mt Ord over the course of this week.

I can remember the damage done to the Apache Trail from the last incident. If we get a decent monsoon, back country roads could get interesting. :hmm:

It is even smoky up in Flagstaff now. I imagine this smoke is from the Bush Fire, and winds at elevation around AZ have been formidable all week. These fires will keep growing.:frown:

AZgeddon

Up on the rim have smelled smoke since the fire started. Normally would expect smoke to settle in the area overnight. But winds haven't been dying out after sunset. Could hear the wind all night long with the windows open. Last night was the first night the winds died down. Windy again today but not as bad. Can't imagine trying to fight a fire with the winds we have been experiencing over the last week.

over 150000 acres burnt :crybaby:

and I can still see active fire from the house :mad:

Beeline is now open - so we went up to the 188 turn-off and along Roosevelt Lake to the Bridge to inspect the fire damage:

vast areas are completely blackened :frown: - Mt. Old was hit hard :frown: - some flanks have patches of unburnt vegetation, but in other areas all of the Saguaros are completely brown :eek:

:crybaby:

Sad to hear this. I think the Sunset Pt area on 17 will be forever burnt as if I had a dollar for every time I watched someone in a truck flick out a cigarette I would be pretty flush! Can’t fix stupid🙄

We ran up the Beeline to Payson and back today. So much blackened acreage. So sad and yet amazing to see, especially the deep valleys and mountain areas. It's easy to see why the roads were closed. The guard rail posts are burned out in many areas.

Post fire damage north east of Mt Ord

IMG_20200704_125519.jpg

We were up the Beeline this weekend as well, many of the "blackened" Saguaros still have some green at the tips so I'm hopeful many will pull through. Interested to see how long it takes for the areas to bounce back, I'd bet within a year it'll be looking a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom