Speaker Replacement Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

skymast

SILVER Star
Threads
I just replaced the factory front / rear speakers in my 2006 TLC. The fronts were gone but the rears were still in good condition. I went with the Rockford Fosgate 3 ways.

The sound is OK, but pretty flat. I left the factory tweeters hooked up and have the factory amp and sub.

Thoughts on this setup, or a better one? Thank you!

It's a rabbit hole. I replaced everything and went with some fairly expensive gear in my 100, in my 80 I'm just doing the basics for podcast listening mostly.

If your goal was to replace broken equipment then I'm sure you met it.

Don't trash your original speakers. Replace the cone (an easy job) and put them back. You might be very pleased.

That's how I addressed my speaker issues last year - repaired all bids and the sub this way. Love the sound, now.

Don't trash your original speakers. Replace the cone (an easy job) and put them back. You might be very pleased.

That's how I addressed my speaker issues last year - repaired all bids and the sub this way. Love the sound, now.
Too late for that! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that the Rears. including the Sub, were in great shape!

I replaced my head unit recently and the sound is better but not amazing. I suspect it's the factory amp as I've read it's pretty low power. I'm debating replacing the factory amp and speakers but feels like a rabbit hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom