Speaker mounts for the Rollbar on an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Many months ago there was a thread going in the tech section about different ways to mount speakers in an FJ40. I did a search and can't seem to find it?

In the thread someone had posted pics of a bracket that mounted to the roll bar and then you could mount a speaker to that. It looked very clean and proffesional. I'm specificlly looking for that bracket.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks, Matt

that sounds like me. I used Bose 151's, mounted them with ARB CB mounts($15ish), they just clamp around the bar and have a place for a bolt to go thru. I used some inner tube on the inside so it would scratch the paint. Ran wires on inside ot frame following some stock wiring, then up thru a stock gromet someplace in the back.

pics
24799325.jpg

24799412.jpg

24799346.jpg

24799422.jpg

any questions ask. I am sure there are other speakers or anyohter way to mount em

That's exactly what I remeber seeing, thanks pimp!!!

Check out the link below, Overton's sells the same speaker with the mount already attached, looks nice I think? Would pretty much be the same concept, says it fit's an 1 7/8" bar, not in front of my cruiser right now, but sounds like the dia. of the roll bar. I would still want to get a piece of rubber in between the clamp and the roll bar.

How do those speakers sound? I'm not looking to thump and roll with the home boys, just a nice solid sound that I can hear over the motor.

http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/order/pdetail.cgi?18740++1Z7C

Matt

The Overtons are a good deal $240 w/mount, I paid $240 for a pair, already had the mounts.

The sound very nice, you will like them I am sure

[quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=12281;start=msg112665#msg112665 date=1078078995]
That's exactly what I remeber seeing, thanks pimp!!!

Check out the link below, Overton's sells the same speaker with the mount already attached, looks nice I think? Would pretty much be the same concept, says it fit's an 1 7/8" bar, not in front of my cruiser right now, but sounds like the dia. of the roll bar. I would still want to get a piece of rubber in between the clamp and the roll bar.

How do those speakers sound? I'm not looking to thump and roll with the home boys, just a nice solid sound that I can hear over the motor.

http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/order/pdetail.cgi?18740++1Z7C

Matt
[/quote]

Landpimp, I have another question for you please?

mounted them with ARB CB mounts($15ish)

Where would I obtain such a part? Any websites?

Thanks, Matt

any ARB dealer can/should be able to get them for you.

[quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=12281;start=msg113291#msg113291 date=1078177883]
Landpimp, I have another question for you please?

mounted them with ARB CB mounts($15ish)

Where would I obtain such a part? Any websites?

Thanks, Matt

[/quote]

watch out before you buy that setup.

measure you rollcage. 2" is pretty common, not sure if you could rig the clamp to work bigger or not (can't tell from pic).

good luck,
malphrus

oh, and you know pimp would be runnin bose stuff. heck, i don't even have a radio. ha ha.

btw pimp, that setup does look pretty sweet.

and just sayin that everytime i see one of your cruisers, i just hope that some part of mine will look like some part of it someday. ha ha.

malphrus

Thanks for the nice comments :) I try to do things right and that will last.....I know the Bose speakers will last for a long time. Also didn't want to drill or cut anything up and this seemed like a good solution. My buddy has been running the Bose outdoor speakers in his topless 40 for years and they still work/sound like new.

As for the Bose home stuff, I am not a big fan of Bose in general(at least the stuff they make now), but I do have a set of 1970's Bose 901's and Marantz reciever, was my folks stuff, the Marantz is still blasting away in my shop........:)

For my home theature(sp) I have M&K(Miller & Kreisel) speakers, nice stuff.

The PO of my soft top equipped FJ-40 mounted similar speakers on the top side of the roll bar, touching the top. After several years they started wearing holes in the top material. Sidemounted looks to be a better way to go.

Rocky

Having been involved with audio and hi fidelity for years, I shudder at thinking of putting a Bose speaker in my Cruiser. All the hi-fi newsgroups/discussion boards run into heated discussions on the various qualities of Bose speakers. The Bose FAQ website, which has been around for some time, is an interesting read on the subject for anyone choosing speakers. I will agree that the Bose in a vehicle is not a bad sounding speaker and is pretty reliable, as speakers go. The FAQ has some good info on speaker auditioning and Bose marketing.

Bose FAQ:
http://home.earthlink.net/~busenitz/bs.html

john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom