SPC upper control arm bushings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tend to agree with you. Product refinements are great, but at the expense of early adopters really sucks. Ive got about 20k on mine and the bushes still look ok but I’ll be watching closely now. $258 for replacement bushes is F’ng ridiculous. Thats halfway to a new set of UCA’s.

These new bushings look similar to nitro and Trail Tailors new UCA (minus the little washers). Good to know there are several other good or better options available.

I disagree about product refinement. They make arms for much heavier vehicles. They was a lighter joint than they should have probably to save a few nickels, like not putting in a zerk. Add in the time to swap and alignments, and you are damn near at a new control arm

Last edited:
Here are my SPC. I find the zerks make sense and allow for grease.

fz99Zoy.jpg

OrFxT8I.jpg

eO3imeu.jpg

Last edited:
Tend to agree with you. Product refinements are great, but at the expense of early adopters really sucks. Ive got about 20k on mine and the bushes still look ok but I’ll be watching closely now. $258 for replacement bushes is F’ng ridiculous. Thats halfway to a new set of UCA’s.
The latest version of these arms are $720 (~$150 price increase over the old version).

^ Did you add those zerk's before or after install? I should have added them before mounted my UCA's.

The latest version of these arms are $720 (~$150 price increase over the old version).
Actually $978 on SPC's website!! Part# 25455. Looks like Summit Racing is offering at $720

The dealership zerked them after my second set of bushings. The first set got strange and started squeaking like mad ( I do believe they were install correctly, with the grease etc ) Got a new set of bushings from SPC ( NOT easy to work with, btw ) So when the new bushings came in, after talking it over, decided to put zerks up there, the dealership ( Camelback Toyota ) drilled and zerked them. Made complete sense. Did the same on the 200, zerked the spc as well. It's pretty awesome having a dealership that rolls like a mom and pop shop. Thinks problems thru, let's you review your junk, in the back on the lift if need be and works to figure out what's what. Hats off to @murf!

Thank to cruise outfitters.
I bought the lift and UCAS from them and they stood up for the product.
I wasn’t there for the install, but it went rather quickly. And I didn’t have to spend 300 for the other updated version of the SPC bushings.
Truck drives great again.
Oh and small product placement for @yotamd.

570BA8BB-A91E-4BF4-BC83-656949A279AB.jpeg
0DBB985E-1792-47DB-8C50-E3EDAC4E5A14.jpeg

For those with the arms that have the grease zerk- how often are you adding grease and how much are you adding? Are we to pump until there's seepage like on the axle and needle bearings?

I use the dry grease for the spc bushings. Squeaked like mad until I unloaded a bottle of that on them. Haven't squeaked a bit since. Comes in aerosol form and the alcohol just evaporates leaving the Teflon (?) Dry lube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom