Builds SouthTxGX’s question and build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They need to bring back the TV commercials of Iron Eye's Cody about pollution:
and:
I'm not a tree hugger, but I absolutely believe in, "Pack it in, pack it out!"

IMO: This issue transcends all politics. I've dealt with this when ******* choose to tear up groomed snowmobile trails that I paid for with my licensing fees with "wheeled" quads/UTVs and 4WD vehicles who paid "nothing".

Mud in the wrong area, litter, tear up snowmobile trails... I will promptly send pics/videos of your vehicle to the sheriff. No apologies.

Last edited:
Today was one year with the gx and OffCamber was giving tours of their new training area so I decided what better way to celebrate than with a road trip? Got a late start and drove the 4 hours to Llano, Tx to check it out. The way they made it sound on Facebook it was just going to be driving the perimeter and showing us where things would be.

When I arrived they were giving a tour already so I waited for them to get back.
B4B02A00-96A6-40E8-93FF-63BEA737DAB7.jpeg

I didn’t get any pics of me “driving the perimeter” since I was the only vehicle and the owner was spotting me through obstacles, but this is basically where the leather seat became a part of my lower colon😂.
F433CD88-CBFB-4A9E-A21C-26C3D9A08D66.jpeg

I have to say that while I did scrape a few times, the gx did way better than I thought it would. I’m definitely not used to this type of wheeling, but I can see myself doing more in the future. The gx was a hit with everyone there.

Looks like it'll be very similar to Katemcy and Trees.

That looked like buckets of fun even if there was a pucker factor! :cheers:
But, hey, part of the fun and story telling has to come from some adventure and danger, right?
Who wants to hear about, "Oh, and we traveled down this dirt road... really far... and there was this small bump in the road, and we saw pretty things..."
H-E double L NO! We want to hear about the bumps and bruises, scrapes and carnage! How you survived chewing on your Merrell trail running shoes for subsistence and drank your own... Okay, I won't go any further, but you get the idea.

I think I can speak for pretty much everyone on this forum that we LOVE the tech and toys that we all show-n-tell here on MUD, but we also equally LOVE the adventure, quite often vicariously. This is why we purchased our GX's (at least the reason for most of us, my self included) is for the adventure and sharing it with family and friends. And then sharing the story telling with friends including my friends here on MUD. When people like you (SouthTexGX) do what you did, it inspires the rest of us to get off our fat arse and visit those locations ourselves. Sometimes to challenge ourselves (despite the wife saying, "DON'T DO IT!! and to see if we can pull it off, and sometimes to experience the beauty ourselves.

Personally I really want to do the Broken Arrow trail because of what jakemccurdy posted. It looked like an awesome trail that's very do-able. So I PM'ed him and asked if he'd be willing to do it again sometime when my wife and I were in his neck of the woods. And he said, sure!

Anyways, rock on, unless you're wheel'n in the woods, then don't get stumped.

Guess who’s debating going back to the factory roof rails for the time being? Probably going back to it until I can find time to replace all the mounting sleeve assemblies
70A4D283-6B4B-4E61-B598-17E36CA063E9.jpeg

This is a bummer.

That’s pretty much exactly what I did this time. I put the sealant closer to the shafts and silicone inside them. I also put some around the bolt heads. Hopefully it’s enough😂.
View attachment 2682423
I’m a huge fan of overkill when it comes to stuff like this.

Reactions: r2m
Hopefully you stay dry this time around. I bet we don't get rain for months now lol.

Rack is back on and I swear to all that is holy that if I have to take it off again it isn’t going back on. The rear most bolt is gonna get cut out with a torch next time lol. I’m gonna focus on the next mod. Probably gonna be a snorkel and extended rear breather if it doesn’t stop raining soon.

I need to make up my mind on which tires to get and what size. Driving through the hill country wasn’t fun with the ones I have now so I’ll probably just go up to 285/70 in something the same weight or lighter. It’s not as cool as 34s or 35s, but it’s the practical choice.

Also, the drive to the hardware store for tools consisted of this the whole way.
48752DA3-A063-4D46-B957-92D360B9E344.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom