South Dakota trails Rapid City Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Had a hard time finding trails in SD so I thought I would post this up here. For some reasons my posts have disappeared in clubhouse forums.

This info I believe is from Mystic Hills.

I have a package of maps that I can mail anyone headed that way if you promise to pay it forward and give it to the next person.

IMG_8026.JPG
IMG_8025.JPG
IMG_8024.JPG

Most all of the trails you have listed are in the "camp 5" area. Camp 5 road actually runs between Boulder Canyon Highway, and Galena Road. This road is all gravel and rock. Most of the cool trails are right along Camp 5 road.
Trails like Kong, Full Size, Hal Johns, etc are all in close proximity to Camp 5 road.
If you googlemap Camp 5 road, you can get an idea as to it's location.
Again, best advice is to track down a local. We can then give you much better information in regards to trail locations. Hell, we'll probably run the trails with you. We're always game for meeting new people and sharing the day on some great trails.

Camp road five on google…

Google Maps

Our local TLCA club has a meetings every 3rd fri of the month at 7:30 at Thirsty's Bar and we do trail runs the following Saturday or Sunday if any one who's visiting the area wants to join us your more than welcome. The trails here are somewhat hard to find and while there is a lot in the camp 5 area, it's only about 20% of what the Black hills has to offer. The map above is mostly ATV trails as Mystic hills rents UTV's an Quads and these are trails they coral you on to mitigate damage to their equipment.

Best deal is to contact one of many of the local off-road clubs and get shown around. The trails here are tight and mostly canyons/ravines. Early exits are highly discouraged unless you have a mechanical failure to keep the trails open and forest service happy with our sport.

If anyone needs trail info PM me, ill shoot you in the right direction or possibly show you around if my work schedule permits. Also Most of the rock crawling trails are closed by the forest service from Dec 15th through May 15th to keep the trails from getting damaged until they dry out from winter weather.

@Redgrrr what general area would you tell people to go to find the trails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom