SWVA Trails? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 60 with 2" lift on 33 and my buddies have a lift 4runner and wrangler. Anyone know any good places within a 2-21/2 hour drive of Roanoke that would be intermediate difficulty?

Yes! If you haven’t already you should join Star City Landcruisers. VA- Star City Land Cruisers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/va-star-city-land-cruisers.314/ Great group of guys. They are very Toyota friendly even if you don’t have a LC.

Or if you’re closer to Blacksburg then there’s Sinking Creek Four Wheel Drive Association (SC4WDA). I’m a founding member of both.

Now for trails…

Potts (hardest public trail in VA in my humble opinion). That said I’ve run it in my Unimog 404 LPG, M1028 CUCV and my M1097A2 HMMWV. Depending on which routes obstacles you run it can require lockers/large tires/higher clearances.

Peter’s Mill
Bald Mtn (Stuart’s Draft)
Flagpole via Dunkle Hollow
Flagpole via Union Springs
Enchanted Creek
Union Springs
Fenwick Mines
Broad Run
Mtn Lake aka Bailey’s Gap (walk over to the old fire tower to catch the view)
Uwharrie (NC)

PRIVATE
Kairos
Cove Campground
The Good Evening Ranch
Rausch Creek (PA)

Yes! If you haven’t already you should join Star City Landcruisers. VA- Star City Land Cruisers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/va-star-city-land-cruisers.314/ Great group of guys. They are very Toyota friendly even if you don’t have a LC.

Or if you’re closer to Blacksburg then there’s Sinking Creek Four Wheel Drive Association (SC4WDA). I’m a founding member of both.

Now for trails…

Potts (hardest public trail in VA in my humble opinion). That said I’ve run it in my Unimog 404 LPG, M1028 CUCV and my M1097A2 HMMWV. Depending on which routes obstacles you run it can require lockers/large tires/higher clearances.

Peter’s Mill
Bald Mtn (Stuart’s Draft)
Flagpole via Dunkle Hollow
Flagpole via Union Springs
Enchanted Creek
Union Springs
Fenwick Mines
Broad Run
Mtn Lake aka Bailey’s Gap (walk over to the old fire tower to catch the view)
Uwharrie (NC)

PRIVATE
Kairos
Cove Campground
The Good Evening Ranch
Rausch Creek (PA)
I actually went to Star City Land Cruiser's meeting this Wednesday and will absolutely be joining those guys. I have done Broad Run 3 or 4 times now and am looking for some stuff that's a little more challenging that I could handle in my fj60 with 2" lift and 33s. I have heard good things about Potts but havnt made it out there yet. Thanks for the recommendations hopefully I'll see you on the trail come spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom