Sources for OEM-style headlamp assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cartercd

SILVER Star
Threads
With the Toyota OEM headlamp assemblies discontinued, I’m looking for a quality aftermarket alternative to replace a headlamp with a chipped lens. I replaced one side with OEM a few years ago and have upgraded to 9011 HIR bulbs, so I would prefer to buy a matching sibling as opposed to buying a complete set with a different style. I’d like a glass lens, 9006/9005 bulb housing, and left hand drive.

The only thing I’m seeing available are:

• Amazon does show 10 OEM parts in stock (right side 81110-60395), but it’s $327 which is a bit hefty
  • DEPO euro spec glass headlights using the H4 / H1 bulbs. These have a different look than OEM so I’d need to buy the set, get the wiring harness adapter, and new bulbs
  • Various Chinese halo-style options (e.g. Anzo) with plastic lenses, H1/H7 bulbs, and require wiring modifications
  • EBay and Amazon have various OE type headlamps, but they are right hand drive so would have the wrong light pattern
  • Used OEM – but these can come with their own set of problems since they are 23+ years old.
Plan B is to open up the housing and repair my lens, but my reflector has dulled so this is not ideal.

Anybody have another suggestion?

I ordered a cheapo aftermarket and it was s*** compares to OEM so I called the local Toyota dealer and they had one in stock. It was expensive, but man what a better product.

I have no experience with anything but the chinese replacement.

Anybody have another suggestion?

I have a chip free DS lens I will sell you. Once the assy is opened, you can clean up & polish as necessary. Google videos on “baking”, headlights. Pretty simple process

i do have some lights but they are my last set and i dont "need" to sell them. they are getting hard to find and expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom