Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was searching for some new globes/shperes/accumulators and came across these:
WTV-UK = Manufacture & Official Agent/Distributor

The seller sells different kits:
Kit-1: Full Comfort Kit-4C - Designed to work the same as the original spheres, etc.. best & softest comfort ride
Kit-2: Full Comfort Plus Kit-4P - Designed for Carrying heavy loads & towing, etc.. more stability with good comfort ride
Kit-3: Full Sports Kit-4S - Designed for Carrying heavy loads/towing, sporty hard driving & hard off road driving, etc. = more all-round stability with good comfort ride

A kit of four with shipping in the UK is £549.99, Europe £579.99, worldwide £599.99

Has anyone tried these?

I purchased a set of the '4P' set a few months ago. They went in and worked beautifully. Very satisfied. The truck they went on was since wrecked but they now live on in another buddy's truck.

About to pull the trigger on a set of 4 globes for my truck (177K miles). Hearing your experience that it made a night and day difference is encouraging! Now I just need to decide between Pleiades and WTV-UK... Anyone want to weigh in? they're about the same price. Pleiades only offers one kind and they seem to be a different size than stock... Whereas WTV-UK have three options and all seem to be same size as stock. According to them, they haven't had a single customer report a failure in 10 years.

What do you guys think?

About to pull the trigger on a set of 4 globes for my truck (177K miles). Hearing your experience that it made a night and day difference is encouraging! Now I just need to decide between Pleiades and WTV-UK... Anyone want to weigh in? they're about the same price. Pleiades only offers one kind and they seem to be a different size than stock... Whereas WTV-UK have three options and all seem to be same size as stock. According to them, they haven't had a single customer report a failure in 10 years.

What do you guys think?

Ebay Japan OEM, wait for that ebay 10% off or 15% and thats a great deal at 900

I would not hesistate to use Pleiades again. Great service, great product, scary fast shipping.

I did the Pleiades and my truck rides like new. I went with those after speaking with the owner. Very knowledgeable.They look different then stock but the specs are the same as he calibrates them to the Toyota spec. It's such a night and day difference. I did fluid, torsion bar adjustment and even King springs in the rear to try to bring the system within specs and nothing really made a huge improvement like changing the spheres.

With lots of people here with original AHC working properly that probably wasn't maintained by the prior owners, and are now maintained properly, I would say that the $100ish difference between the OEM and aftermarket (assuming you wait for a good price on the bay then using one of those 10-15% coupons), knowing the OEM can take abuse and have samples that are over 20 years old that are still working is worth it to me.

On that note - the pleiades spheres are Citroen ones, which have been used and tested for longer and in greater quantities than the LC100 oem. I would say the pleiades ones are at least as good as oem. The WTV offering 3 different pressures is suspect. Makes me think that they don't understand the workings of the ahc, as it's not the internal precharge of the spheres that decides the ahc pressure.

I did the Pleiades and my truck rides like new. I went with those after speaking with the owner. Very knowledgeable.They look different then stock but the specs are the same as he calibrates them to the Toyota spec. It's such a night and day difference. I did fluid, torsion bar adjustment and even King springs in the rear to try to bring the system within specs and nothing really made a huge improvement like changing the spheres.
Did you keep the king springs installed after the new globes?

Hi all.

Im working with Citroen and other hydropneumatic suspensions since 2004.
And of course im daily driving hydropneumatic suspension in my passenger cars, because i like it.
Thats the reason i bought LC as one of the last incarnations of this tech.

Now i have LC 100 and im looking to create Citroen / Toyota sphere adaptor.
This part could adapt any citroen sphere to Toyota thread, so you can play with pressure, maybe with damping too.
You can stick any sphere from 25 to 75 bar and see, what happens :D
All i need now is the toyota ahc thread diameter in metric. Can anybody check it? I dont want to disassemble my car now.

What can i say after looking at some pictures.. all you guys are being robbed :)

Sphere is clearly Citroen desing, so called "soucupe sphere" with longer life.
So litlle bit history :: Original closed sphere (not the first DS type desing from year 1954-70s) had membrane from polyurethane material, called Desmopan. Spheres should be checked every 60 000kms + fluid change. Then came the upgraded version with Urepan and engraved U on spheres. They lasted longer, about 80-90 000kms or 5 years.
In later 90s, came Citroen Activa with 10! spheres, and new multi layer sphere was presented. (life expectancy about 150 000kms)

Then came this last type gray citroen sphere with ufo shape, and life expectancy over 200 000kms. In reality, i have owned cars, citroen C5s with over 400 000kms (16 years) and original spheres in still usable shape. With heavier Citroen C6 its litlle bit worser, i have seen max about 330 000kms with originals. Original sphere from citroen dealer, cost about 110-130€.

There is original manufacturer for citroen with multi layer patented technology. And then there is other manufacturers like IFHS, Lizarte..
They use only older type of urethane membrane. It can last up to 100 000kms, and its much cheaper around 55€ / piece !

You can easily distinguish between original (left) and other makers (right), by the weld diameter. Look in the pic. I think all those spheres from ebay are not original multi layer membrane, and so its overpriced.

Spheres.jpg

2. Im not going to use overpriced Toyota AHC fluid, but the Citroen one.
Cheap about 7-9€ /L Total Fluide LDS. Its fully synthetic, dedicated for steering and citroen suspension system.

3. This system gets dirty over time, old ones used suction protection. Im planning to insert a hydraulic filter into return pipes.

Thats all for now.. maybe i enlighted something maybe not.. sorry my engrish, its not my native language.

+ About recharging spheres. Its like when you tire is low pressure, you can add some air and drive again for long time.
But if your tire is punctured.. there is no way it helps. Recomended pressure for recharging is about 30-40%.

Reactions: BEG
Just ordered a set from Pleiades and the shipping from the UK was stupid fast! Haven't installed them yet but excited to see how they ride. My rig is a bit bouncy after it spends a couple of hours on the road, and tend to adjust the dampening a notch towards the sport setting.

Reactions: BEG
Hi all.

Im working with Citroen and other hydropneumatic suspensions since 2004.
And of course im daily driving hydropneumatic suspension in my passenger cars, because i like it.
Thats the reason i bought LC as one of the last incarnations of this tech.

Now i have LC 100 and im looking to create Citroen / Toyota sphere adaptor.
This part could adapt any citroen sphere to Toyota thread, so you can play with pressure, maybe with damping too.
You can stick any sphere from 25 to 75 bar and see, what happens :D
All i need now is the toyota ahc thread diameter in metric. Can anybody check it? I dont want to disassemble my car now.

What can i say after looking at some pictures.. all you guys are being robbed :)

Sphere is clearly Citroen desing, so called "soucupe sphere" with longer life.
So litlle bit history :: Original closed sphere (not the first DS type desing from year 1954-70s) had membrane from polyurethane material, called Desmopan. Spheres should be checked every 60 000kms + fluid change. Then came the upgraded version with Urepan and engraved U on spheres. They lasted longer, about 80-90 000kms or 5 years.
In later 90s, came Citroen Activa with 10! spheres, and new multi layer sphere was presented. (life expectancy about 150 000kms)

Then came this last type gray citroen sphere with ufo shape, and life expectancy over 200 000kms. In reality, i have owned cars, citroen C5s with over 400 000kms (16 years) and original spheres in still usable shape. With heavier Citroen C6 its litlle bit worser, i have seen max about 330 000kms with originals. Original sphere from citroen dealer, cost about 110-130€.

There is original manufacturer for citroen with multi layer patented technology. And then there is other manufacturers like IFHS, Lizarte..
They use only older type of urethane membrane. It can last up to 100 000kms, and its much cheaper around 55€ / piece !

You can easily distinguish between original (left) and other makers (right), by the weld diameter. Look in the pic. I think all those spheres from ebay are not original multi layer membrane, and so its overpriced.

View attachment 2071083

2. Im not going to use overpriced Toyota AHC fluid, but the Citroen one.
Cheap about 7-9€ /L Total Fluide LDS. Its fully synthetic, dedicated for steering and citroen suspension system.

3. This system gets dirty over time, old ones used suction protection. Im planning to insert a hydraulic filter into return pipes.

Thats all for now.. maybe i enlighted something maybe not.. sorry my engrish, its not my native language.

Let us know how it goes, how much is a citroen sphere and how much will your adapter be in USD?

Thanks!

Sounds like a good idea. Seems you know your stuff.

I have one I can check tomorrow.

Edit: I just got back from where I have the globes stored in my 98 and I'm locked out due to battery. Maybe someone else will be able to help sooner. If not I'll let you know when I can get in there.

Last edited:
How much? No idea now. Depends on manufacturer, someone with CNC machine.

The important part of idea is, that you will have one adaptor set, and it stays in car, you will just change spheres whatever you find from citroen / aftermarket / ebay etc. It will use standard Citroen seal for future sphere changes.

It will take more time to find right setting, sphere pressure (25-75bar), and size (385-450ccm). It gives much more possibilities to play with suspension.

With cheap fluid.. it will be fun to change spheres everytime, with many options of damping response.

Second thing, all citroen stuff will work with toyota..for example sphere tester, it will be much easier to check if everythings is ok. Its very easy thing to do..everybody can have it home.

IMG_20170113_021139.jpg

Last edited:
@AutoSpecial: The Toyota spheres are different from the (at least, DS/CX) Citroen ones, as the Citroen ones integrates the damping valve; the Toyota spheres are just like the Citroen pressure acumulators situated at hydraulic pressure regulator, this means: No damping valves in the sphere´s base. Toyota AHC´s damping is made by external damping valves.

My solution; working since some years now: Refit the Toyota spheres like we did years ago with the Citroen spheres with refill-valves; of course this only works with spheres with a residual pressure. If the sphere is "flat" (no more pressure inside/broken diaphragm) this will not work.
P4240040.JPG

Only difference to the Citroen spheres at mounting the valves ist that the Citroen-CX spheres have a screwed cap, the Toyota ones are heat-shrinked in the spheres steel. Solution: Bore a hole, cut a thread, mount the valve (know what you do, if you don´t mount and seal adecuatly, the pressure you later put inside will not hold for a long time).

Don´t ask me where to obtain this valves, I still got them from my Citroen era. Speak with the hydraulic shop of your confidence.

Damping valve can be easily removed. I have done this for few special cars (BX 4x4 rear). Filling valves with filling tool can be supplied by tecnosir. I prefer changing the spheres for good ones or new ones. Because many of them can be used from Citroen C5. They are still good after all those years and can be bought cheap.

This thread is getting interesting!

@AutoSpecial , the adapter you're talking about is already being used by Pleiades, mentioned many times in this thread. They are cut with Toyota thread on one side and Citroen threads on the other. I believe they are using Citroen C5 globes which are, if memory serves, 385cc units. OEM Toyota globes are 400cc at the front and 500cc at the rear. The net effect of running smaller globes is, IMO, a positive one for modified vehicles. The lower gas volume and higher charge yield an overall higher spring rate in conjunction with the anemic AHC torsion bars. However, that does affect the longevity of the globes. I'm curious as to whether or not there are other Citroen globes that could physically fit in the Toyota location with different volumes.

@HDJ100inSpain the idea of installing a valve in the globes has been talked about a lot in these forums, but your's is the first I've seen actually executed. I'm very interested in hearing more about it since, as far as I know, it's the only effective way of changing the rate of the front suspension on AHC vehicles to anything between the factory specs and the much higher resulting rate of installing non-AHC torsion bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom